Elsnik & Gordon join Swindon on season loans

Animal is a Ram

26 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Can't believe they have done this behind GR's back whilst he's on holiday! When he gets back and checks teletext he's going to be fuming! 

Come on keep up, everyone knows you can get our newspapers on the continent 24 hours after release in the U.K. ?

He will be furious on Saturday ??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

And this is what they have now, an opportunity to go out and impress

Yep, don't get the negativity around these moves - a chance to make two of our youngsters better players. I'm a fan of Elsnik but a year of playing 18 year olds and maybe warming the first team bench v a year of playing league two bruisers is a no brainer in terms of development for me

Good move for Gordon but disappointed that we aren't trying to get Elsnik to a league one club if we aren't in a position to give him experience.  First team football is a benefit though so I just hope he continues to develop as we all think he can and comes back next year as part of the first team squad.

7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Callum Guy seems to have benefited from it last season and Rowett is now looking at loaning him to a League One team. First stage of what is hopefully progression into the first team.

Port Vale were a league one team last season.

If they're that good then they'll tear it up at Swindon and we've got nothing to worry about.

Unless of course we're afraid they'll flop, like all the players we loan out do. And then we'll be disappointed that our great white hopes aren't as good as we think they are.

29 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If they're that good then they'll tear it up at Swindon and we've got nothing to worry about.

Unless of course we're afraid they'll flop, like all the players we loan out do. And then we'll be disappointed that our great white hopes aren't as good as we think they are.

Steady there, Mr President.

I think we were all hoping Elsnik would be given a chance in the first team. I think the fact he's gone out to a league 2 club shows where we think he is in his development. We as fans might just want to throw these young lads in sometimes but the club sees them day in day out and will have far greater knowledge on how thel cope than we do. 

One things for certain, I'll be following Swindon very closely to see how they got on.

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

haha... the two best youth prospects at the moment. What's going on at the club. People wanted them to push for a first team place. Now they will make the u23 weaker and relegation fodder candidates. Whats going on at the club?

What's going on at the club?

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

haha... the two best youth prospects at the moment. What's going on at the club. People wanted them to push for a first team place. Now they will make the u23 weaker and relegation fodder candidates. Whats going on at the club?

Not so sure about Gordon, Gyppers, but Elsnik is really going to tear it up for Swindon. Very disappointed that we didn't give him a shot now at the attacking centre mid role - he's pure class. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

If they don't destroy the league I'm writing them off then.

54 minutes ago, philmycock said:

What's going on at the club?

They're both on youth loans so Derby are able to play them in U23 games if they wish. Suspect they will of they are not getting game time at Swindon. If they are then the development in men's football will be quicker than in U23 you would expect 

Archived