Elsnik & Gordon join Swindon on season loans

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will disappoint a few hoping to see Elsnick not given a chance but with the Barnsley cup game being slightly more important now, hard to see where his chances would have come from.

No manager will start playing a full team of kids as we've lost a couple of games.

Full season of first team football will do them both good. Time to shine.

Just now, Gypsy Ram said:

haha... the two best youth products at the moment. What's going on at the club. People wanted them to push for a first team place. Now they will make the u23 weaker and relegation fodder candidates. Whats going on at the club?

I dunno, competitive league football for a year for two young kids is a huge opportunity for them to prove we don't need big new signings next season when contracts expire etc. It's a great opportunity to see what they're made of.

7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

haha... the two best youth prospects at the moment. What's going on at the club. People wanted them to push for a first team place. Now they will make the u23 weaker and relegation fodder candidates. Whats going on at the club?

This is what we should have been doing for the last few years.

Neither are ready to play for the first team but do have potential. 

They need some experience of something beyond u23. Elsnik had promise but Guy is in front of him and Thorne is almost back. 

Fantastic move from DCFC and a great opportunity at a good club for both players to show what they can do. 

People forget that these boys haven't played in front of a proper crowd yet on a regular basis or trained regularly around a first team, this is the best possible move for both players.

Let's hope they shine, get regular 7/8 out of 10 each game and come back to us ready for first team football.

What I wrote about this in the "Deadline day thread" over in Rams Talk:

"You have to presume with Elsnik off to League 2 we're not going to be loaning out or selling any of our senior midfielders in the end.

"He needs proper first-team games. If not with us, I'd have hoped he'd have got them in League 1. But if Elsnik and Gordon can help with a Swindon promotion push, then it's good to get into the habit of winning. And two of them going together also helps young players, rather than being away on your own and isolated. Good luck to them both. I hope they do so stunningly well there's a clamour to recall them in the January window."

Archived