Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If Martin is leaving and we are replacing him with 31 year old Cameron Jerome and spending £3million in the process then that is absurd. 

All rumours at the minute and I hope to god this signing isn't true. The last thing this squad needs is another ageing player looking for his final payday and an easy ride on what will be substantial wages! 

Where are these young, hungry players looking to prove a point, full of desire and energy we were promised?

one thing I'm very quickly learning about Rowett is that he talks absolute s***e

We're turning into f*****g dignitas for footballers ffs

They've gone to Brentford and Cardiff mate

PistoldPete2
Just now, dantheram said:

Given the style Rowett wants to play this is an obvious and, I hasten to add, a good signing.

However, I'm still concerned by our midfield the balance is just not there and we are overan with ease. 

I think the answer will be  we bypass midfield. HOOOOOFFFF!

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Not a bad tactic if you accept we cannot shift Johnson, butters or Bryson, subsequently replacing them with better players.  

Unfortunately, one of them will be in the team alongside huddlestone and having a target upfront may well help them get forward, where they are more effective. 

14 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

If I could name a Rowett style striker, I'd name Jerome. 

Big, strong, no slouch, runs the channels, and 30 plus. 

I'm not feeling this 'Rowett Derby', got to be honest.

I'm with you. For all his talk Rowett is increasingly looking like he might be a hoof ball merchant. 

Wish he was several years younger or this would've been the perfect signing.

Think it's clear from our interest in Gallagher that Rowett wants a different option up front. 3 out and out strikers isn't heavy in this division if anything a lot of clubs the top end of the table have had more. Need a different option than an average height finisher, this fits the bill.

Not sure whether the pace is still there and/or there to last much longer.

Really I am gutted rowett hasn't delivered on the young hungry players interview as that was one of the most inspiring interviews by a manager in a while that we were going in the right direction with player recruitment.

All jokes aside Jerome is a decent player, id have been very happy with this 5 years ago but right now it doesn't really excite me. He'll add strength but how we'll actually create anything for him to stick in the net I don't know. We need a winger and a centre mid as a higher priority imo, tho a striker wouldn't go amiss.

Archived