Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Didn't we try and sign him about 5 years ago. Sure he was on his way to discuss terms and then went somewhere else

Cardiff?

I actually think Jerome has been a good player over the years and would be a useful  addition but we know that the problem is creating chances.

Martin, Vydra, Nugent and Bent can all put the ball in the net if they get the chance.

We need a strong, driving midfield player and one more creative player to get us on the front foot rather than living off scraps.

Jerome at least would give us some aerial presence.

19 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

16 goals last season is better than I thought, but surely there are areas of a greater concern than a striker? 

Agree completely

He is capable of scoring plenty, but isn't any more clinical than our existing strikers. 

Not really a priority for me. (Player or position)

Are we selling though? 

Good championship hit man - good record - probably not a bad shout

Worrying thing for me GR doesn't seem to have any faith in our incumbent strikers or is he getting rid of Martin

he ain't worth 3 mil either 

Thought we wanted an attaking mid?

cant help thinking - that we have lost out on a few prospects because of the fee values

would love it if he accelerated one or two u23s in - to blood them

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hmm not sure, might be mixing him up with someone similar.

No he did play for Cardiff but they were his first club so I guess whoever signed him instead of us it wasnt them. I dont remember us going for him, just that hes scored a few against us. 

Why are people saying a striker isnt what we need? It is, as well as other positions. We have Martin and Nugent as strikers thats it, neither are powerful and pacey.

We also could do with another winger and centre mid, could still maybe happen if Bryson and/or Butterfield go

Heard a rumour a few weeks ago Martin was on his way out and the replacement was Jerome. If it's true please sack Rowett in the morning. 

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why are people saying a striker isnt what we need? It is, as well as other positions. We have Martin and Nugent as strikers thats it, neither are powerful and pacey.

We also could do with another winger and centre mid, could still maybe happen if Bryson and/or Butterfield go

Some of our posters have taken Port Vale to the World club championship on Football Manager, playing a 4-6-0 style. They know that nobody needs strikers.

Archived