Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Football eh?

Surprises us constantly. I had high hopes for hales, Alan biley,  dave swindlehurst even esteban fuertes ......

But had low expectations of Bobby davidson,  mark Wright,  marco gabbiadini and malcolm christie. 

But whatever our expectations - they should all get our support. 

Actually they were all good, biley , swindlehurst and Fuertes. Unfortunately, the first two were signed too late to stop us going down, and Fuertes didnt bother to get  a valid passport. Didnt Biley score a hat-trick against Bristol City? Now that could be useful!

19 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Even if he gets it wrong:

Davies - TICK

Hudds - TICK

Nugent - TICK

Winnall - TICK

Lawrence - TICK

Wisdom - TICK

Jerome - CROSS

So an 87.5% hit rate for signings that improve us?

Still want to bemoan this signing?

Nugent was a mac signing :cool:

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Care to enlighten me what you actually mean as I'm lost with this one?

Seemingly writing the player off because he doesn't fit your perception of our current requirements

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Eddie just likes to undermine anyone who has a critical thought. It’s his boring anti fan rant over and over : he’s a like getting machine lol 

that said, I disagree with you on Jerome after thinking about it but you’re spot on with the silly wages we put Martin on - making it close to impossible to shift him

Yes, I apologise. You are perfectly capable of undermining yourself.

26 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Even if he gets it wrong:

Davies - TICK

Hudds - TICK

Nugent - TICK

Winnall - TICK

Lawrence - TICK

Wisdom - TICK

Jerome - CROSS

So an 87.5% hit rate for signings that improve us?

Still want to bemoan this signing?

You have no idea what Jerome can bring do you really do you. 

I mean you don’t know do you.  

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Actually they were all good, biley , swindlehurst and Fuertes. Unfortunately, the first two were signed too late to stop us going down, and Fuertes didnt bother to get  a valid passport. Didnt Biley score a hat-trick against Bristol City? Now that could be useful!

Don't remember tbh. Vaguely remember some goals against man city but whether that was a hat trick I'm doubtful about. Saw fuertes score at Southampton I think in a 3-3.

I never claimed that any players were rubbish. Just that they undershot my irrationally unreasonable expectations :lol:

52 minutes ago, eddie said:

I don't care what a player looks like, and I would be so bold as to suggest that you don't either, really. Your namesake ran like Noddy and shirked every challenge going, but he was still the best crosser of a ball I have ever seen in half a century. John McGovern was 'spider' to some and 'seaweed' to others because of the way his arms flapped when he ran, but he was the glue that held Cloughie's teams together.

Can't say I've ever seen Noddy running Eddie, but I take your point, if we went on appearance alone Peter Beardsley would never of made it. :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Why are you talking to yourself Archie? 

Sorry was meant to be an edit ,,, asking Roy macs opinion on whether Jerome will be a hit or a miss for us in the promotion push,,,,, Roy?

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Don't remember tbh. Vaguely remember some goals against man city but whether that was a hat trick I'm doubtful about. Saw fuertes score at Southampton I think in a 3-3.

I never claimed that any players were rubbish. Just that they undershot my irrationally unreasonable expectations :lol:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-bristol-city-22-march-1980-85222/

A long time ago. What a hair cut he had!

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes, 3-3 draw.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We want some fancy coutinho like video announcement like Barca did for Coutinho or PSG did for Neymar. Come On RamsTV! Get on it like a car bonnet !

Wouldn't that be a bit over dramatic for what is essentially a free has been that's lost his pace and couldn't hit a barn door at 3 paces whilst warming our bench?!

apparently!

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

What a deflating transfer for me. Current crop of players are doing the job and that's with Martin going limited minutes. 

Now we have Winnall, Nugent and Jerome to basically play for one spot. Vydra is always going to start.

Martin and Bent to be moved on, both probably on £25k a week. Don't see anyone paying that so we will be subsidising half of it.

Plus he's 32, and when we do get promoted, he won't be offering anything next season. Sure we need to get there soon but if we're to sign someone, would have liked to see someone who could have done it next season. As it stands, I suspect six months from now we will be looking how to offload him.

If we are then he's done his job and everyone's happy

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We want some fancy coutinho like video announcement like Barca did for Coutinho or PSG did for Neymar. Come On RamsTV! Get on it like a car bonnet !

Wouldn’t  be surprised with the state of the derby county official twitter  

Archived