Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm not one to slate players off the back of a bad result or jump on the band wagon but Jerome really is rubbish . Seriously I think Their Robinson offered more at least he used his pace , even Sammon was technically better. 

He'd be ok to use as 10 minute player to try and stretch tired legs but as a starter never again please Gary. 

All day long, but we will be seeing a lot more of him I fear

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Can't defend what we are seeing at the moment ,all I will say is he is a better player than what we have seen so far .Do we learn nothing from the Vydra saga he was crap 9 months ago.

But he isn't a long-term signing. He was meant to be a 'final piece in the jigsaw, get us over the line' type signing. Woefully out of form before he signed for us and showing no sign of finding it back any time soon.

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Can't defend what we are seeing at the moment ,all I will say is he is a better player than what we have seen so far .Do we learn nothing from the Vydra saga he was crap 9 months ago.

You don't sign someone who is 32 year old and mainly relies on their physical attributes to give them an edge if you're thinking long-term. This was a short-term signing (as evidenced by the fact we only gave him an 18 month contract), that was meant to solidify our play-off/top two position.

He needs to turn things around quickly if he doesn't want to become a flop.

This from @Alpha is the most accurate of Jerome's time here so far

Jerome is PENALTY!! No, ok but he touched me. PENALTY!! He caught my left PENALTY!! leg and PENALTY!! my right ankle. Oh my God how is this referee not seeing this. I'm totally getting penalised for my kicking and elbowing but surely PENALTY!!? REF? PENALTY?! 

39 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

I’m no football expert but he couldn’t even get in the Norwich team. I bet he couldn’t believe his luck when derby came in for him.

I bet he couldn’t believe he would be selected at a club who had Vydra nugent Martin winnall Bent at thier disposal 

On 01/04/2018 at 13:42, King Kevin said:

The majority of people with footballing sense saw that Vydra was being played out of position. I noticed lots of people at the start of the season predicting he’d do well this year. 

Jerome is playing in his best role he has been played in his career.

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

The majority of people with footballing sense saw that Vydra was being played out of position. I noticed lots of people at the start of the season predicting he’d do well this year. 

Jerome is playing in his best role he has been played in his career.

You could say he's being starved of service ,Chris Martin can't play in this side albeit he has a few chances .

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

You could say he's being starved of service ,Chris Martin can't play in this side albeit he has a few chances .

Because our system doesn’t suit Chris Martin at all. Whereas Jerome has played this role throughout his career. He’s always been someone who runs onto balls and bullies defences rather than a link up man like Martin. The fact he’s doing poorly is down to him being past it. 

• 1 month later...

Archived