Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So having lurked on this thread for 89 pages I've decided I don't know if CJ is a good buy or not. There's good arguments to say no but also for yes. I think I lean toward yes in that he is proven at this level and he has presence and, even if his legs aren't what  they were I suspect he's still quicker than CM. If he gets us half a dozen goals which convert to points (ideally wins) then I think he'll have answered any doubt. 

Onwards and upwards I say whilst not really understanding the ins and outs of football. 

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Judging from his interview in the DET he is on less money with us than he was on at Norwich

I drew the same conclusion but, promotion bonus etc will make a difference. Cameron Jerome comes across really well in interviews. 18 months plus optional extra year. Everything to play for. One look at the facilities here then sign up.

• 1 month later...

This was reported in yesterday’s Times with regards to Mark Warburtons time at Rangers and latterly at Forest:

“If the expectation is to be promoted or to be top six you have to spend that money. I’d have said, ‘Buy Cameron Jerome’. We were quoted similar figures to what he went to Derby for, which would have smashed our wage bill, but if the target is immediate promotion that’s what you do.  .......... “

Him and Gary both thought that Jerome would be the difference then? Let’s hope that they are proved right.

8 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

This was reported in yesterday’s Times with regards to Mark Warburtons time at Rangers and latterly at Forest:

“If the expectation is to be promoted or to be top six you have to spend that money. I’d have said, ‘Buy Cameron Jerome’. We were quoted similar figures to what he went to Derby for, which would have smashed our wage bill, but if the target is immediate promotion that’s what you do.  .......... “

Him and Gary both thought that Jerome would be the difference then? Let’s hope that they are proved right.

Aye , and one of them has  been sacked already.

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Norwich didn’t and they are the last ones to win promotion out of the three of us

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I had high hopes for him, but after last night he’s looking like he could claim the title of our worst ever signing.

Nah. He's a bit poor but he's not clod.

He is a powerful disrupting nuisance sub. A possibly useful addition but no way a starting line leader. He has assets and a certain value in specific circumstances; but touch, finesse and as a creative catalyst he doesn't cut the mustard. Nuge is a whole level of magnitude above him in every area. 

He would be deadly in the box but unfortunately we haven't got the players to service the supply line. By that I mean full backs who can cross , wide players who can get to the byline and cross, a central midfielder who can provide a killer pass. If I was CJ I would be well ......... off.

I don’t think he can control a ball or pass a ball or shoot more than once a game if that which leaves Vydra utterly frustrated but all of that is limited by having no one else who can do much of that either to help him, since he has arrived we have hardly looked like shooting never mind scoring or have I missed anything?

I'm not one to slate players off the back of a bad result or jump on the band wagon but Jerome really is rubbish . Seriously I think Their Robinson offered more at least he used his pace , even Sammon was technically better. 

He'd be ok to use as 10 minute player to try and stretch tired legs but as a starter never again please Gary. 

Archived