Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Indeed. Pretty much the opposite of what he said in the summer when he said he was going to go for youth.

I don't think we should get too hung up,on what managers say.  They aren't politicians afterall and I wouldn't be surprised if our league position has surpised everybody a bit and has meant that GR doesn't feel comfortable risking kids.  If we were mid-table. them I guess we. ight have seen more youth blooded.  I imagine that has also influenced signing CJ.  

I do agree with the view though that it is difficult to see how or when some of these youth prospects are going to get the chance to come through.  If they aren't good enough for the Championship now, then - if we are lucky enough to get promoted - i can't see them getting much chance next season.  If we don't go up, the expectations for next year would also be so high that GR may have the same concerns as this year re: risking the kids.  If we'd had the same resources or expectations when NC was here, then maybe we'd never have seen Hughes and Hendrick come through.  Shame really.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Based on WhoScored's 'history' section (which is quick - I think accurate, but cant be certain):

CM: 66
SW: 21
DN: 40
DB: 24
MV: 39
CJ: 35
MV: 39

I make that 225 goals in the Championship across our 6 central forwards.

Are you sure? Just checked Wikipedia and Nugent has 113 goals at Championship level !! 33 for Preston-13 at Portsmouth-49 at Leicester-8 for Middlesbrough and 10 for us 

22 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Are you sure? Just checked Wikipedia and Nugent has 113 goals at Championship level !! 33 for Preston-13 at Portsmouth-49 at Leicester-8 for Middlesbrough and 10 for us 

Continue reading the thread.

I like this signing. I think it just adds extra insurance in case we do get a few injuries. No it's not a long term fix but is that what we need?

I believe it takes a completely different side to get out of this league to staying in the premier league. You could argue that the team that lost in the playoff final was more suited to the top flight than our current team. However we lost to a QPR team not that different from our current team. 

Green - Carson

Dunne - Davies

Barton - Huddleston

Zamora - Nugent/Jermone

The spine of the team has very similar characteristics to our current team.

If we do get promoted then I'm sure a younger forward will be high on the list

2 hours ago, dan_ram1 said:

I like this signing. I think it just adds extra insurance in case we do get a few injuries. No it's not a long term fix but is that what we need?

I believe it takes a completely different side to get out of this league to staying in the premier league. You could argue that the team that lost in the playoff final was more suited to the top flight than our current team. However we lost to a QPR team not that different from our current team. 

Green - Carson

Dunne - Davies

Barton - Huddleston

Zamora - Nugent/Jermone

The spine of the team has very similar characteristics to our current team.

If we do get promoted then I'm sure a younger forward will be high on the list

Barton - Huddlestone ..................... one of us needs to visit Specsavers .................... other opticians are available 

Is it just me or does Cameron Jerome look like DROGBA on his day off?

Rowett - Cameron is fastest player on the books

Norwich fans - His legs have gone.

Cameron needs to be very strong and fast over 8 metres.

His footballing brain will create chances for him. If Rowett lets Cameron play to his strengths then Cameron will score vital goals.

I would settle for 8 goals from him now.

We need three goals  from Cameron that gave us wins or draws when we were second best on the day.

49 minutes ago, Rampage said:

His footballing brain will create chances for him. If Rowett lets Cameron play to his strengths then Cameron will score vital goals.

We need three goals  from Cameron that gave us wins or draws when we were second best on the day.

Can we call him Jerome?  I keep think we’ve that stupid ex PM up front.

and that’s the last thing he is...

15 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Can we call him Jerome?  I keep think we’ve that stupid ex PM up front.

and that’s the last thing he is...

There is little chance of confusing the two - unless Jerome has a thing for leaving his kids at the pub.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

I was thinking more Lemar.

Archived