DcFc Dyycheee

Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

We want some fancy coutinho like video announcement like Barca did for Coutinho or PSG did for Neymar. Come On RamsTV! Get on it like a car bonnet !

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We want some fancy coutinho like video announcement like Barca did for Coutinho or PSG did for Neymar. Come On RamsTV! Get on it like a car bonnet !

Wouldn't that be a bit over dramatic for what is essentially a free has been that's lost his pace and couldn't hit a barn door at 3 paces whilst warming our bench?!

apparently!

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

What a deflating transfer for me. Current crop of players are doing the job and that's with Martin going limited minutes. 

Now we have Winnall, Nugent and Jerome to basically play for one spot. Vydra is always going to start.

Martin and Bent to be moved on, both probably on £25k a week. Don't see anyone paying that so we will be subsidising half of it.

Plus he's 32, and when we do get promoted, he won't be offering anything next season. Sure we need to get there soon but if we're to sign someone, would have liked to see someone who could have done it next season. As it stands, I suspect six months from now we will be looking how to offload him.

If we are then he's done his job and everyone's happy

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wouldn’t  be surprised with the state of the derby county official twitter  

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

You have no idea what Jerome can bring do you really do you. 

I mean you don’t know do you.  

Seem to remember people on here saying Vydra brought nothing to the party .......I know Jerome is older (beford anyone reminds me) but shall we wait and see ?

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Actually they were all good, biley , swindlehurst and Fuertes. Unfortunately, the first two were signed too late to stop us going down, and Fuertes didnt bother to get  a valid passport. Didnt Biley score a hat-trick against Bristol City? Now that could be useful!

Notice you skipped on Derek Hales - broke the transfer record with him. I remember his first goal at BBg curler against Blackpool in the cup replay - what a goal - BBg went berserk. Rest was pretty forgettable

some lovely DCFC  fan will find that goal and post it on here please again

All about opinions of course..

But I just don’t get this at all. GR obsessed with ‘something different’ when in truth  gd back-up for what we have seems more of a priority. He can’t get a game at Norwich and someone tell me what he offers over, say, Blackman. .......Will never cut it in the Premier , if we make it...

What’s the point ? If you want something different up front then stick with Martin.

Money wasted in my view.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Seemingly writing the player off because he doesn't fit your perception of our current requirements

Isn’t that his right and prerogative ?

Isn’t  a blog like this about exchanging opinions ?

Jerome, aside from this season, has scored 34 goals and has 14 assists in his previous two outings at this level. Martin has 25 and 12.

I would say trying to make out Martin has a superior record at this level is a difficult one to make.

Edited by Ambitious

37 minutes ago, caymanram said:

All about opinions of course..

But I just don’t get this at all. GR obsessed with ‘something different’ when in truth  gd back-up for what we have seems more of a priority. He can’t get a game at Norwich and someone tell me what he offers over, say, Blackman. .......Will never cut it in the Premier , if we make it...

What’s the point ? If you want something different up front then stick with Martin.

Money wasted in my view.

A lot of negativity about the Jerome signing on here.

Maybe some can't forgive him for inflicting the first Home defeat for Derby during the "Season of Shame" :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uuAYsLYFw

Not good enough for us, some say. Well he's played in 3 Championship promotion sides, and spent half his career
playing in the Premier League (Birmingham/Stoke/Crystal Palace/Norwich). 

Kevin Phillips played alongside him at Birmingham City for a few seasons (between 2008 to 2011), so I think his
judgement on Jerome's ability/suitability carries a bit more weight than anyone else's views on this Forum.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.