Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the attitude GR is looking for in players. He wants them not settling for being on the bench but actually chomping at the bit to play and be involved in our challenge for promotion.

Competition for places is healthy and its what drives players to perform and strive to become better.

44 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Intrigued by this signing. 1.5m is absolute peanuts in 2018. Coming off the bench, he makes a lot more sense than Martin. I’d love to know how many goals our current strikeforce has at Championship level. Must be a league high by some distance 

Based on WhoScored's 'history' section (which is quick - I think accurate, but cant be certain):

CM: 66
SW: 21
DN: 40
DB: 24
MV: 39
CJ: 35
MV: 39

I make that 225 goals in the Championship across our 6 central forwards.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably why he spun us such a line on Martin then instead of selling him in the summer.

Dear Gary:

If you have key decisions to make if future, please run them past @RoyMac5 first. He will disagree with them anyway, but at least it will make him feel wanted. Who by, I'm not sure though.

:p

Since the 2010-2011 season, he has scored 15 goals in 146 Premier League appearances, so it seems like if we do get promoted he's not going to be good enough next season. Admittedly a large chunk of those will be substitute appearances I suppose.

Still I don't suppose anyone will be complaining if manages to chip in and help us get there.

Archived