DcFc Dyycheee

Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

archied
11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we want a big powerful athletic striker to lead the line we could look at signing Michal Krmenčík, a 24 year old who plays for the Czech Republc now and I'd hope would forge a great partnership with Vydra who has started winning recalls back to the Czech squad after his form this season. Eleven goals in 1170 minutes in the Czech top flight this season so he's proved almost as prolific in goals per minute as Matej, as well as bagging 6 in 10 internationals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michal_Krmenčík

A promising 24 year old with everything to prove or a 31 year old whose legs have gone and wants his final pay packet?

Your right in some ways but also need to take into account the fact that if we are looking for a jan striker purchase with priority to get derby over the promotion line , taking a young player from lower league or another country can and very often has a settling in adjusting period and although perhaps a good buy long term could very possibly and understandably be ineffective for the vital remainder of a promotion chasing season ,,, perhaps Gary is looking for somebody who knows the division , has won promotion from it and has more chance of coming in and hitting the ground running ,

cant say I know much about Jerome but I’m comfortable to trust rowett s judgment on what we need to secure promotion and I’m pretty sure that is the overriding priority in all things derby for rowett and Mel just now

After players such as Martin, Bent, Ince, Eustace and many more, I'm going to reserve opinion until I've seen him for a few games. As with certainly Ince, Vydra and Martin, certain players can look magical in some systems and look like donkeys in others. Providing they've shown at least glimpse's elsewhere I'm going to defer to the managers judgement and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, Sat Atwal said:

What you mean is this is a similar transfer to when Boro signed Rhodes to secure promotion and get them over the line then fob him off?

We already have that striker in our ranks to nick us 2-3 vital goals.... secure promotion then tara.. Mr Darren Bent.

Jerome offers more in general play than Darren bent, so might be useful to rotate with nugent.

29 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

After players such as Martin, Bent, Ince, Eustace and many more, I'm going to reserve opinion until I've seen him for a few games. As with certainly Ince, Vydra and Martin, certain players can look magical in some systems and look like donkeys in others. Providing they've shown at least glimpse's elsewhere I'm going to defer to the managers judgement and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly, my gut feeling is to say what a poor signing this would be and he would be my 5th choice striker so a waste of money...but currently how can you question GR's judgement???

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly, my gut feeling is to say what a poor signing this would be and he would be my 5th choice striker so a waste of money...but currently how can you question GR's judgement???

I’m looking at this  as a free transfer - martin loaned out, with a fee of £1 million (based on the £2million it cost Fulham for a season), spend the money on Jerome. 

End of the season we will still have two strikers we can sell, hence money goes back in the pot 

Edited by FrostedRam

On 1/13/2018 at 23:23, Carl Sagan said:

Appalled this has raised its head again. A poor ageing striker who doesn't score and has never ever impressed and all the Norwich fans think he's well past it. This would be a shocking waste of Mel's money and unnecessarily potentially disruptive regarding the squad.

Come on - Surely this is just a huge exaggeration. If he signed and was that player who just chipped in with the odd goal here and there, that would be great. Just grab us a couple of points for what is a poultry fee in this market right now. 

Come on - Trust Rowett, he hasn't really put a foot wrong with the signings he has already made has he?

4 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Come on - Surely this is just a huge exaggeration. If he signed and was that player who just chipped in with the odd goal here and there, that would be great. Just grab us a couple of points for what is a poultry fee in this market right now. 

Chicken feed?

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

Come on - Trust Rowett, he hasn't really put a foot wrong with the signings he has already made has he?

I think this rumour may yet come home to roost and he turns out to be eggsactly what we need :lol:

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.