Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

5 hours ago, Harrowram said:

No thanks. Can't hit a barn door. He would have made a fine sprinter but he isn't a great footballer. Must be a relatively short term signing to get us over the line.

17 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Not enthralled but hope to be proved wrong

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

A forum would be a boring place if we can't have our opinions though? That's what a forum is for though isn't it Eddie?

Rammie there is a difference between the 2 comments mentioned above

Can you explain ? not sure the point you are making ?

Get in Cameron Jerome !

If Pearson was here we’d be paying £8m for this guy. If Mac was here, he wouldn’t even be thinking about different attacking options.

Thank god we have Rowett. He’s a tactical beast! Always one step ahead of everyone!  I’m excited! He prob knows that CJ is a good character too. Need outgoings quick though to slim this squad  ... that he knows. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I guess this pushes Winnall down to 3rd choice? 

I don't think Rowett would see it that way - fans may though. Depends on our tactics and the opposition we are playing, would be my assumption.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jerome works best with fast fullbacks from my viewing of him in the past  . I do recall him linking up well with Bradley Johnson when he played in midfield  for Norwich - maybe were signing him to get the best of Johnson if he's needed for midfield cover

not sure when we will see BJ again

CJ will be primarily an impact sub (for Nuge?) and direct cover for injuries I would guess

I think this is similar to the Curtis Davies signing. A proven, high quality championship player who’s a good fit but they’re both the wrong side of 30. It’s natural to have some concerns about their age because we’ve got an old squad already but I think Rowett’s found value through experienced players like those two.

They both might only be good value for this season but 500k and 1.5 million for both of them represents a lot of value for money, particularly if we get promoted. It’s even better value when you consider we’d have probably been paying 5 million for Grant Hanley and 8/9 million for someone like Oliviera.

I’d obviously much rather have younger players who can still improve, something I think we’ll be able to sort in the summer but they’ll give us the best chance at promotion for now.

A few months ago I wasn’t completely sold on Rowett’s plan and style of play, which was justified at the time because attacking wise we didn’t seem too reliable and we looked bang average off the back of games like Bristol City away. Brentford away was a bit of a breaking point for me, Rowett looked like he was going in the complete wrong direction but he’s completely turned it round.

Rowett’s style has settled and we look like we could challenge for the title, let alone automatics. It’s a cliche but the team has gelled. We’ve reached the point where there’s no argument for using Martin when the system has become so successful, Jerome will contribute more in the next few months than Martin would. 

Jerome is a signing that can keep us riding this wave until the end of the season.

Archived