DcFc Dyycheee

Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Surely Jerome is more of a threat to Winall than Martin. Maybe it's Winall that's not happy and wants  to go back to Sheffield figuring hell get more starts under the new regime there? 

Could be right with that. He surely can't be happy with being dropped after playing a starring role in the win at Ipswich. He's possibly had a chat with GR along those lines. 

My first instinct was that I didn't like the sound of it, but then if you'd told me that by this point in the season Chris Baird would be starting and that Weimann would have played 15 games I'd have been deeply concerned, but Garry Rowett has got good performances from them (and everyone else). If he can do that with Jerome natural attributes (as he did with Donaldson) then he could be a useful option

I'm sure Jerome will come in and do well, but I'm still a little dissapointed. I would rather see us bring in a younger player who will forge a long career with us rather than someone coming in for a season or 2.

That said, the plan I'm sure is to be promoted either this season or next, then make the big long term signings, so it makes sense, and Jerome will help with that.

Edited by TobyWanKenobi

needles
1 minute ago, David said:

I see your pun but wasn't it Robson & Jerome?

Weren't there three of them in that boat? 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Jerome would be our fifth striker along with Nugent, Martin, Bent and Winnall? Doesnt Vydra count as striker? What is he then a midfielder?

Attacking midfielder

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Jerome would be our fifth striker along with Nugent, Martin, Bent and Winnall? Doesnt Vydra count as striker? What is he then a midfielder?

Vydra is a CAM. The rest are pure strikers.  :ph34r:

main-qimg-8d3bcfc7142502e1cadb833bb0e85ac0-c.jpg

Edited by lioncoeur

the wages must be lower then bents and Martin's otherwise I can't see why we would sign him!  I would be very disappointed in this signing I just really hope he proves me wrong!

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.