DcFc Dyycheee

Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

To be honest it makes sense to me as a short term option to get us up to the Premier League, hopefully this season but if not then next.  Experienced at this level, offers pace and power to get behind the defence and also an option to hold the ball up.  Ideally we'd go for a younger option but you would either have to splash the cash (that we haven't got due to FFP) or take a punt on an unproven striker. Suspect both Martin and Bent may leave this window therefore would give us Nugent, Winnall and Jerome as options for the striker role.  Go up and I suspect we'd invest £10 -£20m on at least 1 high quality option that offers the pace and power to fit GR's system. I'm sure we're also looking at a high quality loan option as an alternative if available but doubt they'd be happy to come and sit on our bench whereas Jerome would probably come as an impact player but trying to prove himself and secure a starting position adding to the healthy competition without causing disruption amongst the squad.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Cameron jerome seen buying patio furniture with Mel in Wyvern Homebase.

Now if you'd said B&Q, we'd have believed you....

I'm not excited at all about this.

However I do accept that Gary Rowett could quite easily sit me on his knee, stroke my hair and quietly explain to me what he's trying to achieve and how Cameron Jerome has exactly the correct set of skills to help him. And I'm sure that I'll gladly accept that he's looked into it more than me and I'll be 100% on board.

So Cameron, if you're coming, welcome to The Rams!

If Rowett does want him, I trust his judgement. He wouldn't be my first choice - far from it - but what do I know, realistically.

He's got out of this league a couple of times before and knows what it's like to get over the finish line. A 2 year deal wouldn't be too much of a risk.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.