Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

You have no idea what Jerome can bring do you really do you. 

I mean you don’t know do you.  

Seem to remember people on here saying Vydra brought nothing to the party .......I know Jerome is older (beford anyone reminds me) but shall we wait and see ?

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Actually they were all good, biley , swindlehurst and Fuertes. Unfortunately, the first two were signed too late to stop us going down, and Fuertes didnt bother to get  a valid passport. Didnt Biley score a hat-trick against Bristol City? Now that could be useful!

Notice you skipped on Derek Hales - broke the transfer record with him. I remember his first goal at BBg curler against Blackpool in the cup replay - what a goal - BBg went berserk. Rest was pretty forgettable

some lovely DCFC  fan will find that goal and post it on here please again

All about opinions of course..

But I just don’t get this at all. GR obsessed with ‘something different’ when in truth  gd back-up for what we have seems more of a priority. He can’t get a game at Norwich and someone tell me what he offers over, say, Blackman. .......Will never cut it in the Premier , if we make it...

What’s the point ? If you want something different up front then stick with Martin.

Money wasted in my view.

37 minutes ago, caymanram said:

All about opinions of course..

But I just don’t get this at all. GR obsessed with ‘something different’ when in truth  gd back-up for what we have seems more of a priority. He can’t get a game at Norwich and someone tell me what he offers over, say, Blackman. .......Will never cut it in the Premier , if we make it...

What’s the point ? If you want something different up front then stick with Martin.

Money wasted in my view.

A lot of negativity about the Jerome signing on here.

Maybe some can't forgive him for inflicting the first Home defeat for Derby during the "Season of Shame" :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uuAYsLYFw

Not good enough for us, some say. Well he's played in 3 Championship promotion sides, and spent half his career
playing in the Premier League (Birmingham/Stoke/Crystal Palace/Norwich). 

Kevin Phillips played alongside him at Birmingham City for a few seasons (between 2008 to 2011), so I think his
judgement on Jerome's ability/suitability carries a bit more weight than anyone else's views on this Forum.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

4 hours ago, mice_elf said:

A lot of negativity about the Jerome signing on here.

Maybe some can't forgive him for inflicting the first Home defeat for Derby during the "Season of Shame" :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uuAYsLYFw

Not good enough for us, some say. Well he's played in 3 Championship promotion sides, and spent half his career
playing in the Premier League (Birmingham/Stoke/Crystal Palace/Norwich). 

Kevin Phillips played alongside him at Birmingham City for a few seasons (between 2008 to 2011), so I think his
judgement on Jerome's ability/suitability carries a bit more weight than anyone else's views on this Forum.

True. But that was then, a few seasons ago, not now. 

Just don’t think he really does improve us and would like to see the money invested elsewhere, like defensive mid cover.

In truth I would prefer to use the money to try and get Sam W on a permanent, esp with the wendies well off the pace and maybe looking to cash in......

If he comes then he’s a Ram and we all wish him the best etc. 

Guess time will tell.......

In truth GR has got it right transfer-wise whilst at Derby.....thus far...

Well at least it's given the moaners something to whinge about again  at last.

I bet they were really worried that we might sign nobody in this window and go on to get promoted, giving them a possible 7 months with nothing to whinge about.

I'm really surprised that so many of them don't have jobs in football, they must spend so much time scouting players to have such detailed knowledge of their games.

time will tell of course but I can see him being an impact player in the latter part of the game.  Although we have looked more secure in defending a lead we haven't really carried much of a goal threat late on.  He will score and make goals.  Just might make the difference in the run in

This goes for not just this signing but any other potential ones...

We are finally signing players for a system, rather than signing expensive names and worrying about what the hell to do with them once they are here - Butterfield, Johnson are just to name two.

Rowett has a plan, knows what he wants and there's going to be no surprise to anyone how he will be utilised. He will be more use than Bent/Martin are currently, who don't fit into the system and/or ethos in the same manner.

Yes, he's probably out the other side of the prime, but, we only need him for a year or two and last I saw, he hadn't lost all of his pace yet. I'd imagine, he's going to be used as our Birmingham era Clayton Donaldsoon - just without starting every game. He's the type of player that probably won't be a 1 goal in 2 striker, but his effort and nuisance factor will cause issues for defences and lead to chances for others. Doesn't that sound a little bit like Nugent, just with a different physique?

So no, not particularly exciting in the least, but those signings sometimes turn out to be the best.

9 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Neil Warnock ,a very experienced manager at this level,wanted to sign him and the man who’s got us into second place in the table wants to sign him,that’ll do for me.?

2,922 posts

Posted 14 hours ago (edited)

15 hours ago, Ninos said:

Can someone answer this as if they are GR?

(Phone rings)

GR : Mel I want to bring in a 31 year old striker CJ, from Norwich.

Mel: okay but Norwich don’t want him he’s not getting younger and why another striker when we are scoring for fun, and you have Vydra supporting either Winnall (scorer) Nuge (best partner) and Martin (hold up)? 

GR: my thinking is ___________ 

fill in blank cuz I can’t (- is it that he’s a tall guy and we don’t have that except for Bent ? )

That Colin's a right knob but he's got an eye for a player on the fringes and has a habit of getting them to play .Can we beat him to it?

Edited 14 hours ago by King Kevin           Agreed 

Archived