Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Could probably look back at this time last season and some said that about Nugent, I remember one poster put him on the “move and sell on” list without starting a game..... what do we know eh?????

Except we were not sitting second and favourites to go up.

If Rowett seems this as nothing but short term and he is a 10 minute sub to come on if/when we are not winning, then fine, but I don't see him as anywhere near Winnall or Nuge standard.

3 minutes ago, David said:

'We've got Jerome,

Cameron Jerome,

I just don't think you understand,

He's older than me nan,

He's on a Sun Life plan, 

We've got Cameron Jerome'.

By the time he gets here, his song will be nailed down at least.

25 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

All he has to do is score the winner against Brizzle and he's a hero.

Wait... check this out...

C A M E R O N J E R O M E

C O M E O N Y O U R A M J

It's in the stars!!!

COMMON JEER ERA

You're right.

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What a deflating transfer for me. Current crop of players are doing the job and that's with Martin going limited minutes. 

Now we have Winnall, Nugent and Jerome to basically play for one spot. Vydra is always going to start.

Martin and Bent to be moved on, both probably on £25k a week. Don't see anyone paying that so we will be subsidising half of it.

Plus he's 32, and when we do get promoted, he won't be offering anything next season. Sure we need to get there soon but if we're to sign someone, would have liked to see someone who could have done it next season. As it stands, I suspect six months from now we will be looking how to offload him.

Have you learned absolutely nothing this season?

Just now, HantsRam said:

I've had enough. 

Time to hit the booo''s :lol:

It's in keeping with 50% of the reaction in this thread. You would think that the prat version of being a Rams fan (i.e. moaning about absolutely everything) would be put on the back-burner for a while, but no, Jerome is already the scapegoat, and he hasn't even signed yet. I'm supposed to be the intolerant one.

13 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

basically saying its nothing these days. 

I still think nothing is too much for jerome these days. Is he needed ? is he better than what we have. No. 

I don't get this "is he better?" issue. He's different to any other striker we have so how can you compare him with any of our other strikers? 

Not my choice because of his age and being the type of player he is, the potential effect this might have on his pace.

Not sure if this is as bad a signing as people are making out.

Yes, not a spring chicken but has good experience, been promoted a couple of times (and if we do get up, experience in a few relegation scraps), and has been used as an impact sub throughout his career so might not be so annoyed to be starting behind Nugent - which is what I assume Martin and Winnell are feeling!!!

I’m gonna be optimistic and say this is a good signing.

Archived