Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Players get injured all the time. What is your point?

So because I enjoyed the football under mac 1 and will defend him over it you need to have a veiled dig? I thought the same of Best as I do Jerome. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even then some are still short sighted.

How can you compare Best to Jerome just totally different types of strikers .

In hindsight I thought Nugent was a poor signing by McClaren but McClaren was proved right but I also thought Vydra was a good signing by Pearson and so it has proved to be just as Carson was a great signing form Wigan  by Clement when people on here were saying he was crap . 

No guarentees in Football. 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, curtains said:

How can you compare Best to Jerome just totally different types of strikers .

In hindsight I thought Nugent was a poor signing by McClaren but McClaren was proved right but I also thought Vydra was a good signing by Pearson and so it has proved to be just as Carson was a great signing form Wigan  by Clement when people on here were saying he was crap . 

No guarentees in Football. 

I'm not comparing their ability to each other, I am comparing their ability to what we is/was in our team. I would have preferred to keep Sammon than bring in Best. I would prefer to keep Martin/Bent than bring in Jerome.

Probably because you didn't like Mac.

Not overly keen on this one.  I'm guessing, if true, that GR is after a Martin type target man, with more agility.  Decent at this level, but shouldn't we have one one I on players who'll hold their own if we get to the promised land?  Smacks a little of Jon Macken to me...

42 minutes ago, rynny said:

I'm not comparing their ability to each other, I am comparing their ability to what we is/was in our team. I would have preferred to keep Sammon than bring in Best. I would prefer to keep Martin/Bent than bring in Jerome.

Probably because you didn't like Mac.

I take your point.  

I rate CM and CJ not Best or Bent of today  

I did like McClaren but not the Newcastle thing.  

I do think Jerome would certainly give us a different option to what we have, I might not necessarily like the option of ''hoof ball'' style football, route 1 can work. And whilst I'd certainly rather lineup with a Martin like striker than a Jerome one, if Jerome can score or aid us in 5-10 goals in the second half of the season that could help us push over the line to promotion. I'll reluctantly back Rowett on this one, even if I loathe the idea of us going route 1.

I’ll admit to knowing next to nothing of Jerome. He’s 31 so it’s 2 years and bye bye for free ... so can someone who knows how he plays give us some strong insight on him please - style, history why Norwich want him gone etc 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Anybody fancy trying to talk me around to this? I just can’t see the positives. 

Offers an aerial threat that we just do not have. Got pace and strength. 

Not my first choice of signing but I can see why he’s an option. Scored 14 goals last season so not too bad. 

Offers something different to what we currently have, I imagine this is in view to both Martin + Bent leaving us either on loan or permanently.

Reminds me of when we signed Nugent, a lot thought he may be passed it but for the low figure was worth the gamble. On his day Jerome can be pacey and powerful, something we lack up front. He has showed he can score at this level and on a shortish contract could be worth a gamble - ideally we could do with someone younger but at the same time he is younger than Bent should Bent leave.

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do think Jerome would certainly give us a different option to what we have, I might not necessarily like the option of ''hoof ball'' style football, route 1 can work. And whilst I'd certainly rather lineup with a Martin like striker than a Jerome one, if Jerome can score or aid us in 5-10 goals in the second half of the season that could help us push over the line to promotion. I'll reluctantly back Rowett on this one, even if I loathe the idea of us going route 1.

Andicis What's this hoofball style you don't like I've been to 22 league matches this season and not seen any Guess I must be missing what your seeing

Pace, Power, experience of promotion run ins (was lethal in run up to Norwich being promoted under Alex Neil), gives us an option off the bench or starting that will make an impact and give defenders a hard time. Everyone has been saying Nuge has struggled at times due to the workload, here is another striker that will make similar runs. As for this seasons stats, ignore them, if people focussed on Martins stats no one would be interested in him yet we know he’s class! Only thing against Jerome is he’s 31, but this is Obviously short term to help get us over the line.

Archived