Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

O heck this is why we will never be successful.

Total over the top reaction .

The club has no ambition full stop .

Ha ha! You accuse a poster of a "total over the top reaction" then say "the club has no ambition full stop". If that's not an over the top reaction I don't know what is.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Ha ha! You accuse a poster of a "total over the top reaction" then say "the club has no ambition full stop". If that's not an over the top reaction I don't know what is.

I see the irony and hypocrisy but I don't want to spend 200 million as was quoted .

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Which is why I said we are needing to get back on track, signing more players won't do that without more departures.

More departures by running their contracts down and getting nothing at the end of the season .

Timi I thought was one who could break through but now he's gone for a season to Swindon. 

Curtains have you even got the slightest clue about finances If our owner says he's backed the club up to FFP limits what is it you don't understand The only way we are going to get below FFP limit is to sell but at the moment nobody wants them When McCarthy ask about a loan for Shacks he was told his wages McCarthy replied I would want four players for that amount That's what we are up against its a big worry 

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Curtains have you even got the slightest clue about finances If our owner says he's backed the club up to FFP limits what is it you don't understand The only way we are going to get below FFP limit is to sell but at the moment nobody wants them When McCarthy ask about a loan for Shacks he was told his wages McCarthy replied I would want four players for that amount That's what we are up against its a big worry 

You should of listened to Talk Sport today .

FFP is not working mate. 

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1504180800

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

True .

Has the owner said there is no money to spend or is it more like Rowett is stubborn and won't pay over what he thinks is reasonable. 

Thats his choice but it may be misguided because I've heard it said that we can just run players contracts down as a lot are out of contract at the end of the season so we get no transfer fee but save on wages and would take hits on them. 

Who have you heard this said by?

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

How could I post that you are not being reasonable asking for that. 

Why? I quoted my sources.

Is it someone within the club who would have access to financial information? 

Is it an agent or journalist maybe who may be privy to such information?

Or is it a friend of a friend who met someone down the pub, who knows somebody who is friends with a person that knows the cleaner from Moor Farm and heard MM discussing the finances in the toilets at there?

The more I think about it, the more I think is there even any point abiding by ffp? PSG have stook two fingers up at it and in this league the likes of Wolves don't seem to care. No major punishments have been given to teams in this league who have breached ffp rules. It all seems a farce

The concept of ffp was originally brought in by UEFA and Michel Platini to make sure the 'big' teams stay big and to make sure that there are less Man City situations where clubs get oil owners and buy their way to the top. This doesn't seem to have worked though when you look at teams like RB Leipzig in Germany.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? I quoted my sources.

Is it someone within the club who would have access to financial information? 

Is it an agent or journalist maybe who may be privy to such information?

Or is it a friend of a friend who met someone down the pub, who knows somebody who is friends with a person that knows the cleaner from Moor Farm and heard MM discussing the finances in the toilets at there?

I have heard it from two different people on separate occasions but neither work at the Club so it's more like General football conversation which is what happens when you have a football conversation with other people.  

Clearly  it can't be verified but they were saying Gary will not pay over the odds for players but the money is there if he needs it . 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I have heard it from two different people on separate occasions but neither work at the Club so it's more like General football conversation which is what happens when you have a football conversation with other people.  

Clearly  it can't be verified but they were saying Gary will not pay over the odds for players but the money is there if he needs it . 

And you think this makes the club a disgrace? 

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hearing a lot of news today. Hope I'm able to share some of it. No idea why we've left it so late for moving out (and in).

Oh please share Carl , actually on second thoughts I don't think the wrist slashes could take any more disappointment tonight and trust me there out in full force tonight. 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Oh please share Carl , actually on second thoughts I don't think the wrist slashes could take any more disappointment tonight and trust me there out in full force tonight. 

It's easy to be complacent about the ability of this squad. 

After 46 games we will see where we are. 

Archived