Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused atm being very happy on one hand with the four players brought in, they seem to have shored up the defensive side but have lacked massively in the attacking, creative department.  It's annoyed me that we have sold our best two flair players and haven't really added in that department especially centre midfield. I understand and except that players move on and i wish both hughes and ince all the best, but with all the talk coming from the club about being a progression team and having a top 6 championship team annoys the hell out of me. Jota for 6 million is a bargain in the current market and makes sense as a signing as he pips all our attacking players hands down. We havent even approached the loan market which seems strange with all the talent arriving on loan at various championship clubs Jordan mutch to burton etc. Either they need to go out and buy or loan a couple or a few attacking players or shut up spouting about being a top 6 side and offer a more realistic view to fans. I would say that a mid table finish anywhere between 10th and 15th is our realistic target with the team we have. 

18 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I am confused atm being very happy on one hand with the four players brought in, they seem to have shored up the defensive side but have lacked massively in the attacking, creative department.  It's annoyed me that we have sold our best two flair players and haven't really added in that department especially centre midfield. I understand and except that players move on and i wish both hughes and ince all the best, but with all the talk coming from the club about being a progression team and having a top 6 championship team annoys the hell out of me. Jota for 6 million is a bargain in the current market and makes sense as a signing as he pips all our attacking players hands down. We havent even approached the loan market which seems strange with all the talent arriving on loan at various championship clubs Jordan mutch to burton etc. Either they need to go out and buy or loan a couple or a few attacking players or shut up spouting about being a top 6 side and offer a more realistic view to fans. I would say that a mid table finish anywhere between 10th and 15th is our realistic target with the team we have. 

Should not be a realistic target at all! 

26 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Some of our rivals are making some very good signings, we're going to get left behind if we're not careful.

mutch to Burton is a cracking piece of business, would have him here in a heartbeat he's quality

So quality that a poor Crystal Palace team are happy to offload him to Burton?

Aren't we trying to build a squad good enough for the Premier League?

Not saying he is not a good player but not sure how Burton signing him on loan equates to us being left behind?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So quality that a poor Crystal Palace team are happy to offload him to Burton?

Aren't we trying to build a squad good enough for the Premier League?

Not saying he is not a good player but not sure how Burton signing him on loan equates to us being left behind?

Are you joking mate .

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Is that the sum of our ambition then at Derby. 

Our ambition of having Huddlestone, Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson, Thorne, Baird and Hanson. How many players doe we need for 2 spots in the starting 11?

I've not seen us properly linked with a player recently who's a vast improvement on what we already possess.

As such, I'd rather we kept the powder dry, maximise the talent we already possess, and just feckin get on with it.

It's not been a summer I'd have chosen if I was manager, but that's why GR has the job and I don't, yet.

Archived