Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am kind of disappointed with the two going out on loan as I was hoping that they would push on with us but first team football will be good for them

Is league two a much better standard than U23? 

I struggle to recall anyone that we've sent out on loan to lower league teams that has come back and you've really been able to tell the benefit of it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is league two a much better standard than U23? 

I struggle to recall anyone that we've sent out on loan to lower league teams that has come back and you've really been able to tell the benefit of it.

Fair comment 

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I

Studge when he was sent to Torquay by Roy Mac to get his head in order and realise how lucky he was to be a Ram.??

Still don't think today is in full swing yet, another 3-4 hours before it gets juicy, that is when teams like Brentford and others will look to make moves to replace their own losses.

Would love to see a midfielder (or 2), a right winger and striker in but no chance of more than 2, and that's only if we get lucky with outgoings.

Jerome makes sense but I'd imagine hangs on someone on decent wages leaving first, even if just on loan.  Obvious thought is Martin but I can't think of any takers.

One of Maddison (although Peterborough have said nothing is happening today), Leadbitter and others previously mentioned in that under £2m bracket may yet come in, or more likely a Liverpool loanee. 

There must be a handful who would be allowed to leave if anyone bids - Roos, Pearce, Shackell, Rawson, Olsson,  Butterfield, Anya and Martin.

Maybe add Keogh, Baird, Bryson, Forsyth, Johnson, Weimann, Russell, Nugent, Bennett and Hanson for the right price/if replacements are lined up.

Would assume the first batch could also go out on loan if favourable terms are offered, along with Bennett and Hanson. all the under 23s and posssibly Lowe.

I had thought all along we'd look to try and get Shackell out by mutual consent if nothing else materialised for him, allowing him to move outside the window and saving us wages, but loaning him out and paying half of them would still save something.

Archived