Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Winnall and butterfield swap looking like it just confirmed on transfer centre and bryson going so centre mid gotta be coming so assume it's Davis 

David Davis yes please.

I tipped him as my "scapegoat of the season" on @McLovin's season prediction thread :ph34r: #ITK

3 hours ago, philmycock said:

Ideally I'd like to see a Bradley/Jerome swap, and then a Butterfield + cash/Foresteiri swap, however it looks like Winnall & Davis or no-one, pffft

Lol. It's because of Forestieri that Winnalot's out of the club. If you get the wrong side of Nando, you're out. Ha ha.

Not for a second saying i wanted him

but is Anyone else surprised that rowett didnt go in for clayton donaldson baring in mind the obvious, change if direction, tac, he knows him, he signed him bla bla bla.

gone to sheff united i believe, i was just surprised to see him go and us not be linked to him 

Sooo..in conclusion?  Are we saying...

OUTs - Bryson;  probably past his best and injury prone. Butterfield; never really got going, hard to see what he does..

Few good prospects out on loan

IN Kieftenbeld - solid workhorse

Winnall - good reserve striker, to add options up front..

POSITIVES

Haven't spent much money. Solid signings.Trimmed wage bill. 

NEGATIVES

Still few too many hanging around who won't be getting a game. Short on the wings... or does it suggest we wont be playing that way anyway. All looks a bit workmanlike? No replacements for Ince or Will really...

Reserve judgement but could be a long season. 

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not for a second saying i wanted him

but is Anyone else surprised that rowett didnt go in for clayton donaldson baring in mind the obvious, change of direction, tac, he knows him, he signed him bla bla bla.

gone to sheff united i believe, i was just surprised to see him go and us not be linked to him 

I was disappointed yesterday when we didn't go for Jota. But on reflection has signing a "named" player worked for us over the past few seasons? You could argue not, none of them have set the world alight "yet". Not going to pretend I know anything about Winnall or Kieftenbeld to pass judgement, only time will tell. But hopefully they are players with something to prove and will do us proud. 

At 40k a week, Jota would have once again ruined our efforts to get wages under control, might not have even be "the difference", and would be unmovable if he failed.

Clearly just looking for a payday, and he got one! Birmingham are where Sheff Weds were last year and they're where we were two years ago. If they fail, and there's a huge chance they will, they're saddled with years of players comfy on big wages and no incentive to leave.

I'm happy we seem to be applying thought to the players we sign now, rather than just going for the big names.

Archived