London Prices

Angry Ram

9 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Or New York.

New York last year, beer prices were expensive....seemed to average around 8 dollars a pint in 'normal' pubs. Add to that the obligatory tip.

Pints in New York are usually also only 40 cl.

I admit I was in touristy areas but I am also when in London.

Go in some of the traditional London boozers in Soho etc and its quite east to get a decent beer for about 4 quid.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We found Brussels expensive when we went, I will concede it was a number of years ago though but we found Bruges cheaper than Brussels. Even in Bruges a large beer of even something like Jupiler was setting me back about 5.00 euro the last time we went which was about 2 years ago. Was in London a couple of weeks back paying roughly 4.50 for a pint.

Christ knows where you were drinking then, because the only time I ever paid more than €5.00 for any beer in either Brugge or Brussels early this year was when I had a bottle of Westvleteren XII (and that is always insane). Even hipster drinking palaces like Delirium Cafe are pretty cheap - average for most trappist beers is €4-5. The missus had a half litre of Jupiler at Brussels Gare du Midi while we were waiting for the Eurostar and even there it was only €4.00 (and my bottle of Westmalle Tripel at the same place was about €3.50).

Also, who goes to Belgium to drink bloody Jupiler? ;)

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Copenhagen the most expensive place I've found for beer in general.

London, Paris and NYC by comparison is easier to find a cheaper pint but the toppermost prices would be more expensive.

Yep tis expensive, I drink in Copenhagen when I work in Malmo, only a short train ride over into Sweden. Can easily be paying £7.50 a pint there. However, Sweden edges it for me, 60SEK-90SEK is about standard which works out at around £6-£8.70 and often at the higher end of the range anywhere decent.

£4.50 a pint at my local in hampshire, I take full advantage when I'm up in the Midlands/North.

On 01/09/2017 at 09:47, Shang said:

Depends where you drink of course, but if you go to a top end bar / hotel you're gonna be paying way over the odds. South of the river is more expensive than Derby but a lot more reasonable (about 5 pound a pint).

Avoid central areas as much as possible, regular Londoners don't drink there either.

But south of the river isn't really London :D

22 hours ago, eddie said:

1s 10d for mild, 2s for best bitter, 2s 2d for double diamond.

Double Diamond the beer of my youth. A round of DD for me and four mates and change from a ten bob note. Started drinking in my local at sixteen, the landlord jokingly said I was barred when I asked him if I could hold my Eighteenth birthday party in the bar.

On 06/09/2017 at 05:27, 1of4 said:

Double Diamond the beer of my youth. A round of DD for me and four mates and change from a ten bob note. Started drinking in my local at sixteen, the landlord jokingly said I was barred when I asked him if I could hold my Eighteenth birthday party in the bar.

Never worked wonders for me. Brown mixed - half a mild and a bottle of brown ale

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 20:50, HantsRam said:

£6 a pint upstairs in the gallery bar at Waterloo for San Miguel. 

It's better than that in the subterranean pub - between 4.50 and 6.20.

You should move to the sunny sarf DEL :thumbsup:

I think I'd rather move to Malta anyday over sunny sarf. :lol:

Archived