London Prices

Angry Ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went on a London doo with Work. Was at the Hilton Hotel. Asked for 2 Vodka and Cokes. Gave the waiter a £20 note expecting change, he looked at me very concerned. Then asked for another £8.. I nearly died.

Found out it was Grey Goose they gave me.. Obviously the more expensive kind! Ended up drinking the Vodka neat and the littlest bottle of coke after... Learnt my lesson!

Sith Happens

There are places in London you can easily pay a fortune for drinks, but I have always thought in general london is cheap in 'normal' pubs and restaurants compared with other big cities like paris, Brussels, new York etc.

14 hours ago, 1of4 said:

These prices only happen because of the pretentious idiots who will happily pay them and you'll find plenty of idiots in London.

Normally tourists from up the M1 who kill it for us locals... 10 mins in the big city and ya get all excited. Just saying. :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Paul71 said:

There are places in London you can easily pay a fortune for drinks, but I have always thought in general london is cheap in 'normal' pubs and restaurants compared with other big cities like paris, Brussels, new York etc.

Pub prices for beer in Brussels more expensive than London?

You've never been to Brussels then.

Depends where you drink of course, but if you go to a top end bar / hotel you're gonna be paying way over the odds. South of the river is more expensive than Derby but a lot more reasonable (about 5 pound a pint).

Avoid central areas as much as possible, regular Londoners don't drink there either.

5 hours ago, Shang said:

Depends where you drink of course, but if you go to a top end bar / hotel you're gonna be paying way over the odds. South of the river is more expensive than Derby but a lot more reasonable (about 5 pound a pint).

Avoid central areas as much as possible, regular Londoners don't drink there either.

Agreed, it was roof top Regent Street but bloody £170 for a bottle of Bombay is a piss take. Good old expenses eh..

11 hours ago, eddie said:

Pub prices for beer in Brussels more expensive than London?

You've never been to Brussels then.

We found Brussels expensive when we went, I will concede it was a number of years ago though but we found Bruges cheaper than Brussels. Even in Bruges a large beer of even something like Jupiler was setting me back about 5.00 euro the last time we went which was about 2 years ago. Was in London a couple of weeks back paying roughly 4.50 for a pint.

Archived