Lifetime ban for supporter following abusive social media posts

David

I haven't read what the lad wrote and I don't intend to.

I've thought for a long time that social media is a place where you shouldn't be able to hide behind anonymous usernames. It's a disgrace to society as a whole the kind of behaviour that goes on in forums/chatrooms all over the globe.

Trolling is the lowest of the low from where I'm standing.

Well played Derby County.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plastic bottle was thrown after the first Sharp goal.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with his running along the away fans, although I think he was looking at the tier above, could be wrong.  I was disappointed because I thought he'd thanked the Derby supporters via twitter when he got support at his time of need.

But I can't agree with what this lad tweeted to Billy Sharp, disgusting behaviour.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Awful comment to make, as someone who became a father 6 weeks ago it really got to me.

A lifetime ban seems a bit harsh, after goading the Derby fans I was so angry and could have done or said something I regret to Billy Sharp, thankfully I am bought up in a way that as far as I would have gone was to call him a name that rhymes with sock.

Suprised he wasn't spoken to for goading the fans to be fair, it could very easily have turned nasty.

People who use social media to bully or say awful things do deserve harsh punishments though.

A Jock? Is he Scottish? 

2 hours ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

While I agree it was disgusting what was said and that it was definitely uncalled for and doesn't represent all of us, I can't help but feel a lifetime ban is not justifiable for this, people say stupid **** when they're angry. Not trying to defend what he did but just can't see why it deserves a lifetime ban. 

Because saying stupid stuff 'that' offensive when you are angry is unacceptable. Being angry isn't an excuse for an adult.  And because a lifetime ban will act as a disincentive for other vile behaviour directed at players

2 hours ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

While I agree it was disgusting what was said and that it was definitely uncalled for and doesn't represent all of us, I can't help but feel a lifetime ban is not justifiable for this, people say stupid **** when they're angry. Not trying to defend what he did but just can't see why it deserves a lifetime ban. 

Stupid? You mean VILE. What possess someone to say such things? They're angry, well how utterly pathetic. They're angry, I wonder how Billy Sharp felt after seeing those tweets about his dead infant son?

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Horrific comment, agreed. No justification, agreed. But a lifetime ban? I'm sure in 30 years time, lifetime ban or not, he would have looked back on the tweet and regretted it. I personally would have banned him for 5/10 years, which is enough time to make him realise his mistake, set an example and given him a second chance.

Can't agree. People need to start being responsible for their online activity

Sith Happens

Can't believe some posters are apologising on his behalf. I get angry after a defeat...do I abuse someone? No...I go and moan with my dad over a pint. Honestly I can't imagine what its like to lose a child...scum bag should be outed and named... Lifetime ban is right...

Say it was an official who had a tragedy..... I do wonder if it'll be only the one person who do it then..... especially when a decision doesn't go in favour of us. I'm thinking Mourinho and his comments which preluded to Mr Andres Frisks retirement..... 

Not defending what he did, he was a complete tool and he's going to regret it for rest of his life.

But what bugs me is the abuse officials get on twitter week in week out, and I've seen some despicable ones.... yet it gets played as "he deserves it" etc because of what they are. 

Hope in time the lad and Derby County get reconciled..... and maybe a donation or charity work of Billy Sharps choice may make matters a little better. Let's hope he can man up to that. 

Sith Happens

What I will say is what he has done is no different to those idiots who chanted 'where's your chairman gone' to the forest fans. Shame them scumbags can't be banned too.

29 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Can't agree. People need to start being responsible for their online activity

Abso bloody lutely

couldnt agree more

a seperate discussion but iv touched on this on another thread

people need to be made accountable for what they say and post online

if i was being an utter dick/bully to someone in the street i deserve to be held accountable for what iv said, and the Hurt that iv caused online should be absolutely no different 

just cos someones sat behind a cpu screen with anonymity does not give them the right to be poisonous to others 

12 hours ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

people just need to stop for a second and chill when posting online. something too many young angry thick as pig s**** chavs seem unable to do.

I have no doubt the individual would never have called this out during a game, or said this to Sharps face.
For some reason, when online some people say things that in reality, they would stop short of.

For this reason i applaud DCFC.

Now the world just needs to send everyone to prison that has ever sent a death threat to a famous individual, just because they thought twitter was annoynmous, when infact it isnt.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Can't believe some posters are apologising on his behalf. I get angry after a defeat...do I abuse someone? No...I go and moan with my dad over a pint. Honestly I can't imagine what its like to lose a child...scum bag should be outed and named... Lifetime ban is right...

exactly.

call me a nazi, but i dont want people who do this associated with my club. Who knows why people are driven to this. Not the sort of people i want anything to do with

Archived