Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

It may indicate that Thorne is close to a return to the first team. With Thorne back we'd have four first team players competing for two CM spots if Bryson goes, that's enough. Also have Hanson, Elsnik and Guy available if we go through some kind of injury crisis.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why weaken an already pretty pants midfield by letting our most mobile midfielder leave?

If at the end of last season you were told we would sell Hughes and loan out Bryson and only bring in Huddlestone you would think it were madness.

I would say it's close to madness but if that's what Rowett wants to do let's hope he's successful 

9 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

If bryson goes then where does it leave butters? I thought Percy had said we were looking to offload?

At least GR has worked out the shortcomings of our midfielders... (if this is true, and the davis rumour is true)

The John Percy post was fake, it was someone on here attention seeking sadly.

Rowett has said changes will be made for the next game. I think Bryson deserves a run in the first team and if given it we would begin to see signs of the Bryson of old after a while. However, if Bryson thinks he is not going to play, I would fully understand him being interested in this move.

Personally, I hope he stays and plays.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Bryson can play in the middle of the 3 in a 4231. Would make more sense to sell Johnson or butterfield, However you can only sell who is wanted. 

That's where he should be playing making runs into the box and beyond the striker , he will never be a holding midfielder 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Bryson can play in the middle of the 3 in a 4231. Would make more sense to sell Johnson or butterfield, However you can only sell who is wanted. 

Cutting off your nose to spite your face selling those you need and being left with the 'unwanted'!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face selling those you need and being left with the 'unwanted'!

Rowett's unwanted list will probably differ from fans unwanted lists, no telling if his nose has been damaged in anyway yet

1 hour ago, SilentRam said:

A few fans seem to think Bryson, Martin, Russell are the Championship's greatest players. They are not going to help take us up. It will not be popular but these players are viewed highly because they play for our club. In the current market, the only player who would command any fee is Martin and even his price will not be too high given his attitude at Fulham last year. I am sure I will get the standard get 'behind the players' but maybe fresh starts for two of those three will help both parties. 

You are right all three should go Rush should never have given Martin a three year £2.5 million contract afraid we are lumbered with him He's gone 19 league games for Derby without scoring in fact I'm struggling to remember his last shot on target 

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You are right all three should go Rush should never have given Martin a three year £2.5 million contract afraid we are lumbered with him He's gone 19 league games for Derby without scoring in fact I'm struggling to remember his last shot on target 

Amazing the stick Martin gets. He cost us NOTHING!!!...scored goals...assitsted loads...and yet still gets stick. The toxic atmosphere towards the players is pathetic. Its been heard in the dressing room. People need to stop it. You can say all you like how much they get paid...blah blah blah...anybody that cheers a Derby player being subbed is an absoute tool in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Amazing the stick Martin gets. He cost us NOTHING!!!...scored goals...assitsted loads...and yet still gets stick. The toxic atmosphere towards the players is pathetic. Its been heard in the dressing room. People need to stop it. You can say all you like how much they get paid...blah blah blah...anybody that cheers a Derby player being subbed is an absoute tool in my opinion.

Quite right. How dare posters gone on here and criticise our players and give their honest opinion. All our players are brilliant and can do no wrong. :mellow:

We brought him in for something like £450k, he's given good service to the club, been poty twice and had one season touched with magic.

He's now older and we're looking to take the team somewhere else. He's also been plagued by injuries and niggles.

If he goes to Burton, I'll feel sad he won't be playing for Derby but wish him all the best back playing for Nigel Clough.

If we get Irvine the other way, it'll be worthwhile,but I've not got a bad word to say about him.

Archived