Craig Bryson - signed for Cardiff season long loan

Cam the Ram

5 minutes ago, valleyram said:

We will agree to differ mate , I believe warnock will know where to play him and he will get double figures this season , there is not a derby midfielder left who will do that but best of luck I really hope derby get promoted 

I thought he would be a Gary Rowett type player but didnt get a run of games for some reason, too many times sitting on the bench. 

Hope he gets the game time wherever he moves to. 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I believe warnock will know where to play him and he will get double figures this season , there is not a derby midfielder left who will do that but best of luck I really hope derby get promoted 

Warnock is shrewd at this level, likes attack minded players, if Bryson stays fit he just might reach double figures, if not for the injuries that disrupted his last couple of years, fans would probably be more glowing of his contribution.

Twice player of the year, he's been a great servant and we've played some of our best attacking football since the Jim Smith days with him in the team; shame he didn't get to reach the Prem with us.

p.s know you're loyal to Bryson, I hope you stick around and watch us because I'm sure when Craig's career is over he will always retain a passion for the Rams, his goals against Forest will retain fan admiration, whether some view him as a legend or not.

I'd definitely classify Bryson as a player who has 'gone stale' at the club and needed a fresh start elsewhere. I think GR talked about some players needing that earlier on in the window?

However, in today's market where s**** players go for silly fees, Bryson has been worth every penny we paid for him plus a whole lot more. He was an integral part of one of the most enjoyable seasons I've experienced as a Derby fan. He was a joy to watch in that season, however sentiments aside, this move is probably best for all parties involved.

Really sad to see this one happen. Great servant. Will always be a Ram. We've had his best years, best of luck to him.

Makes Davis critical now, we need midfield energy. It's also very interesting Callum Guy hasn't left the club on loan today....could he be ready to fill the void.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Warnock is shrewd at this level, likes attack minded players, if Bryson stays fit he just might reach double figures, if not for the injuries that disrupted his last couple of years, fans would probably be more glowing of his contribution.

Twice player of the year, he's been a great servant and we've played some of our best attacking football since the Jim Smith days with him in the team; shame he didn't get to reach the Prem with us.

p.s know you're loyal to Bryson, I hope you stick around and watch us because I'm sure when Craig's career is over he will always retain a passion for the Rams, his goals against Forest will retain fan admiration, whether some view him as a legend or not.

Yea I am and really hope derby can go up , unless you can get a bryson type player in and the manager changes his system I just don't see it but would love to be proved wrong 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

In all seriousness,why are we loaning a player like Bryson to a key rival...... Jesus wept.

I presume they are planning on playing entertaining football....

Don't they realise you just need to work really hard and keep banging the football from one end of the pitch to another?

We don't have much choice Kash - we have to chop, but you're right they'll be no surprises when he shines for Cardiff and wins their player of the year. 

Funny how Brys on the move is so wrong yet rumours of a similar aged player with a far better fitness record (Jerome) is met with such derision and is past it. I've just come off Twitter cos there's too many morons, please don't make me do the same here.

I've always been a Bryson fan and have been frustrated seeing him sit on his arse for the best part of 12 months while others gave got a game. 

However, during Saturday's game the ball broke away from him by about 10 yards in the Sheff utd box. It was a straight race with the defender and after 5 yards he realised he couldn't get there and backed off. 

I just wonder if he's lost that quick burst of energy in his legs and the Derby staff are aware of this and are reluctantly happy to let him go. 

All the best Craig, thanks for making this Scotsman very proud. 

Archived