Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not really no, but im a realist and probably have supported derby a bit longer than many on here and realise these things dont happen over night, yes there are exceptions as we have had outselves... smith and billy who did it overnight but they aint the norm 

im a season ticket holder and like many others have put my money in, despite that im prepared to right off an entire season because i believe come the start of next season we'll be better off for it if we instill some much needed stability and allow rowett to contine to sort out this mismash of 4 managers players out 

Well look, a genuine thanks for your response.

I like you am a season ticket holder and whilst not happy to write off a season I am tolerant of that. 

I think where we differ is that I see Rowett's tenure to date and the associated regression in playing style as being indicative as someone woefully out of his depth, someone who talks a good game but is unable to actually deliver much of any substance. I suppose Alex Neil at Preston would be a reasonable point of comparison in terms of relative impact.

We are all derby supporters and your view is different to mine regarding Rowett, I genuinely hope that you are right and I am wrong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I think Forsyth has a future, needs to be fit hes had two seasons out but still think hes the better of our two main left backs.

Would still like Russell to stay but not sure after yesterdays comments.

Shackell I agree seems like he has no future.

I think he will still be restricted as some of our players are out only on loan so we might even have to wait until next seasons window.

I would rather him do that than us spend over the top on panic buys in January. If we are hovering around mid table unless the absolute right player comes along then leave it.

Paul yes you maybe right about Forsyth he may have future as number two left back because we definitely need something better than what we've got including Lowe As for Russell his time is up hard not to like him as a person but as a footballer his time here is up he's not played well for two years in fact he's going backwards Shackel still think he's a good defender but he's never made a secret he came back for the money don't think he's ever been interested in Dcfc 

9 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I like you am a season ticket holder and whilst not happy to write off a season I am tolerant of that. 

I think where we differ is that I see Rowett's tenure to date and the associated regression in playing style as being indicative as someone woefully out of his depth, someone who talks a good game but is unable to actually deliver much of any substance. I suppose Alex Neil at Preston would be a reasonable point of comparison in terms of relative impact.

We are all derby supporters and your view is different to mine regarding Rowett, I genuinely hope that you are right and I am wrong.

Fair comment bud

im not glossing over the fact that the football has been dire at times but i really think as a collective fan base we need to move away from this reactionary mentalitity, one could say the chairman has set the benchmark a little for that but id still much rather have mel than anyone of our previous 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

What about the changes after the Wolves game? He changed quite a few players and the formation. After the 2 last away games the only changes we have seen is Baird in for the ill Wisdom and Lawrence in for Russell. Was the Wolves performance worse than the Sheffield Utd or Bristol City performances? After Sheff Utd he said there were going to be a few changes and he made 1 through choice and 1 enforced, after Bristol City he said there would have to be changes and he made 0, he said we were going to sign young, athletic players with pace, power and desire then we have signed Huddlestone, Ledley and Davies. It just seems like he says one thing then does another. At the silk mill forum he said he likes his teams to press high and the only example we have seen is Fulham last season (mainly Nugent on his own) and Hull.

Wow that went on longer than what I intended :lol:

Lol its easily done

i dont know mate i was just trying to rationalise the situation.

i think managers do try and do that sometimes, mix it up, surprise the players, im guessing he was trying/hoping to get a reaction out of them and allow them the chance to out last week to bed.

didnt transpire but im assuming there was some logic to it

19 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Metal  I beginning to share your concerns about Rowett as much as I don't want to Your comparison with Alex Neil is a little misleading all he's done is keep SimonGraysons team and make sure they hung on to Hugill he's hasn't actually altered anything but when you think about it that's good management If it ain't broke don't fix it 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Whats jim smith got to do with it?

Because he said rowett us not upto the job based on the league position at this point if the season.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was told yesterday we bid a deal worth 10 million for Che Adams which was turned down. No idea if that is remotely true but again he isn't one that excites me.

It looks like Rowett was desperate to sign a Bimingham City chum at any cost.

Don't make me laugh, Fulham had a £10m bid for Adams turned down on transfer deadline day, we probably offered two pints of lager and a packet of crisps!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-birmingham-city-redknapp-adams-13632678

Rowetts fundamental flaw was to underestimate the role central midfield plays. It's the key to a successful side.

The signing of Tom Huddlestone was a mistake.

Central midfield dictates the tempo a side plays at.

You need high energy box to box players in that position.

When running at or past players they unsettle the opposition, pull defences out of shape, free up space for forwards.

When defending they close down quickly, get in players faces, put the tackles in. This allows your central defenders to play a higher line because their not exposed which means the side plays as a unit. which means you squeeze the opposition, breaking play down more often.

Central midfield glues a side together.

Rowett should of made this his priority in close season.

He did in the end try to fix this, but did to little to late.

He will now pay the consequences with this side limping along until the next transfer window or potentially losing his job before then, if results don't improve.

14 minutes ago, Popular side said:

Rowetts fundamental flaw was to underestimate the role central midfield plays. It's the key to a successful side.

When running at or past players they unsettle the opposition, pull defences out of shape, free up space for forwards.

When defending they close down quickly, get in players faces, put the tackles in. This allows your central defenders to play a higher line because their not exposed which means the side plays as a unit. which means you squeeze the opposition, breaking play down more often.

He will now pay the consequences with this side limping along until the next transfer window or potentially losing his job before then, if results don't improve.

Footnote: don't agree with a player just playing a holding role, it's a negative tatic, keeps the defence too deep. With two runners in midfield, one holds one goes, mix it up. Makes it difficult for the opposition to pick up. 

5 hours ago, Popular side said:

A bit harsh he's a quality player he just needs two runners in the midfield with him as a 3 our formation doesn't suit any of our players apart vydra and Nugent 

40 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

A bit harsh he's a quality player he just needs two runners in the midfield with him as a 3 our formation doesn't suit any of our players apart vydra and Nugent 

But we haven't got two runners in midfield..that's the point... don't dispute TH's quality as a passer of the ball, just wasn't the link player we were crying out for .. will Rowett have time to rectify it ? 

11 hours ago, Popular side said:

But we haven't got two runners in midfield..that's the point... don't dispute TH's quality as a passer of the ball, just wasn't the link player we were crying out for .. will Rowett have time to rectify it ? 

Yes I agree but he got TH in so we didn't have to rush Thorne so I think it was a good signing and I think rowett  will get time just because of how quick we have been to sacking managers just recently. I think rowett will be very lucky to keep his job if the performances don't pick up as a lot of people are getting frustrated already with it. The football style really doesn't suit us we have never been good at defending and never will, I hope he gets the chance to prove everybody wrong, because who's actually gonna come to Derby and and improve us over night nobody, somebody needs time to sort us out as a club so let rowett do it! Who would you go for if rowett did get the sack?

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

Yes I agree but he got TH in so we didn't have to rush Thorne so I think it was a good signing...

I keep seeing this. How are Thorne and Hudds the same type of player? I know Gorgeous is slower than he was but Hudds is immobile! Other than lack of pace can't see a comparison.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I keep seeing this. How are Thorne and Hudds the same type of player? I know Gorgeous is slower than he was but Hudds is immobile! Other than lack of pace can't see a comparison.

I didn't mean the same player I ment similar players because they are both defensive mids and the passing ability of them both are good Thorne just gives us more because he controls the whole speed of the game to suit himself where hudds doesn't, even when we signed him Rowett said it means we don't have to rush Thorne back in it so it must show rowett thinks they are similar too. 

Archived