Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Come on Mclovin

You have strong views on DCFC and are not afraid to put them out there

I enjoy your contributions

You must have an opinion on why this is always the issue at the Rams and why it doesn't seem to go away

Perhaps a lack of motivation due to the amount we pay them? I think too many of them are in their comfort zones here and are here for one last pay day. Take Shackell as an example, his demeanor is far different to the last time he was here. 

Davies and Huddlestone are also very good signings but you'd have to question why they would want to leave a team who were in the premier league last season to join us. I'm being harsh picking them two because they seem like good characters but I'm sure you get a jist of what I'm suggesting. We've really suffered as a consequence of overspending the last ew years. 

How much did our play off final team cost? They all had so much energy in contrast because they all had points to prove.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yes he's up to the job. He just needs time.

Time to move on the players who he thinks are not good enough.

Time to move on the players who can't or won't play the style of football he wants the team to play.

Time to bring in the players he wants.

Time to mould the new and remaining players into a team that is capable of competing and hopefully winning this league.

Not quoting you to disagree.

The thing is, maybe Rowett knows exactly who needs to go and has been trying to get rid but there is no interest therefore he can't bring in preferred players. 

I have a bit of sympathy for him, I bet when the initial approach was made to him he was buzzing but he wasn't aware of the size of the challenge in front of him. 

I think we might have to wait for contracts to run out unfortunately before he can shift those he deems surplus to requirements and bring in his kind of players.

9 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

3 years minimum, and that's if we stick with him. I have accepted it won't be pretty for a while. Faces need to go and an attitude needs to change throughout the club. Fear is MM won't allow him the time. 

Attitude around the whole club, some fans need to get off player's back. Yes we get it you pay a lot of money to watch the players play and yes you're disappointed we are all on the same boat but get behind the team lads! 

I am NOT calling for his head

But i do wonder if he can get us up

Only missed Grimsby this season and from what i have seen our play is poor and we set up away to only press in our half of the be pitch, we depend on long balls into the channels and lack anyone who wants to put themselves about

Today was very much like Sunderland and i can only see us finishing high mid table 

That said i think the whole squad needs a enormous shake up and that wont happen over night 

My only worry is that we will continue to play in the same "style" even when GR has his own squad of players 

Too much pressure and expectation at this club for anyone to sort it out.

first game you lose or the team has a bad performance and a thread like this turns up.

need a good dose of realism and a clear out. Do I think he's up to the job? No, but only from the formations tactics and performances that I've seen. Not seen any improvement in the last 15 games. 

Id stop getting all these high name high price high wage players in and get some younger hungrier players. Mel said the objective was to increase the value of the players. Can't see Davies and Hudds increasing in value. We keep being told it's a business yet most businesses buy/make items to sell at a higher price. This needs to be the business model. Bogle, Watkins, Maddison, Irvine were/would be minimal outlay young English talent which with half a dozen goals over a season at a high profile club like ours would increase their value 10 fold.

anyway, I think rowett should get the whole season to see whether he can get these players playing to the level they are capable of as they are all good players. If someone isn't doing what he's asked them to do then drop them as its undermining his authority

The way I see it if he knows our midfield is s**** then he probably is up to the job .If he thinks it's ok then we're doomed because that team is mid table at best and we are probably short of 2 players even to make the fringe of the play off's .

And just for the record I thought that before today's result.

6 minutes ago, Timdcfc said:

Attitude around the whole club, some fans need to get off player's back. Yes we get it you pay a lot of money to watch the players play and yes you're disappointed we are all on the same boat but get behind the team lads! 

Are you Tim Sherwood in disguise?????

1 hour ago, LB_DCFC said:

It isn't the managers fault every time we lose a game. How can we blame him for our goalkeeper shovelling one out straight to their striker and Johnny poking one into his own corner? I think he had a plan today, allow Sheffield attack us, contain them and hit them on the break, and besides those individual mistakes, they didn't have one clear cut chance until 80+ mins when we were throwing bodies forward. Vydra should've scored and we created dangerous situations, before they were wasted by a poor pass by Johnson mainly or a foul that we should've had that wasn't given, one of which should've been a penalty as I saw at the time, though I haven't watched it back. Sacking another manager won't get us anywhere, this is a person who got a team with shotton and Paul Robinson in defence in the playoff positions. Give him time and it will fall into place, because it will take time for that to happen. We don't have a divine right to be in the top 6 every season, just allow the transition to happen and maybe one day we'll make it where we want to be

To be pedantic:

Carson had time to knock it onto his right foot and clear but failed. Goal keeping coach could do better.

Russell - Rowett picked him.

Vydra - again how many one on ones will he continually lose his composure over. We keep selecting him and he isn't delivering consistently yet.

Of course sacking him isn't the answer but there are simple things missing at the moment and he has to take responsibility for some of the shambles on the pitch.

I wasn't at Bolton but have we actually dominated a game (this season or last) and put a team away under his stewardship?

Archived