Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I am tempted to say that it also tends to happen when the manager is out of his depth (as well as when a club is in transition) but I will try and be a little more controlled.

As stated I can see why a degree of transition may be required but I don't see anything in the way of a vision from Rowett in terms of where the club is going and why. He has been here 6 months now and I can't identify a single aspect where we have moved forward as a team, as a club.

Lets be clear Rowett said at the start of the season we already had a playing staff capable of top six and two more additions and we would be top two. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is capable of leading the team to anywhere near the top six so if he believes the players are capable of that - where does the fault lie? Was he wrong about the players or is he incapable of unlocking their capabilities.

He was wrong about the players but we could have told him that 

i cant think of one thing that gary rowett has done that has improved the club. 

transfer dealings - awful

1st team squad - awful

football - awful 

i dont want him to be sacked, the problem i see though is that the attendances are going to start going down. theres nothing to be excited about right now, i mean if we are honest about things, the best young talent from the academy in and around the squad is the same player we were excited about years ago who hasn't progressed. our midfield has been decimated and we are left with a ponytailed nonce (or whatever that is) whos trash and a player who cant run!  our most exciting players are all gone and we have a first team squad which consists of players who most likely know they have no future at the club and players that were bought in to appease the fans. rowett has done an awful job up to now.

31 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Stability with the right man at the helm is what we lack, the question is, Is Rowett that man ?

I'm beginning to doubt it with every week that goes by myself, if I was a betting man I would put a tenner on a player power/player revolt thread appearing on here in the coming weeks, I just get the feeling players are tiring of his rhetoric.

And I get the feeling that fans are tired of average players who are in the comfort zone and who exercise too much power at the club.Rowett's main job is to root them out and get some decent,solid and talented professionals into the club.

1 minute ago, rcarso1 said:

And I get the feeling that fans are tired of average players who are in the comfort zone and who exercise too much power at the club.Rowett's main job is to root them out and get some decent,solid and talented professionals into the club.

If that's his main job, he's failing miserably at it so far. 

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you on your first point, I'm just saying after years reading and contributing to this forum it wouldn't surprise me to read of player unrest in the coming weeks. :)

10 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Eight contracts finish in June,give him chance!

So we write this season off then and wait for people to leave in June ? Or should he do his job and get the team he's assembled/disassembled to perform? 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So we write this season off then and wait for people to leave in June ? Or should he do his job and get the team he's assembled/disassembled to perform? 

He can’t motivate them that’s the problem. McClaren got a lot more out of pretty much the same group of players in a shorter timeframe. What’s Gary’s excuse ?

I didn't expect play offs before the start of the season, but things have to improve soon.

Hope I'm wrong but I think this could continue until the end of November at least looking at our fixtures.

I actually think it's been a worse start than some realise. Beaten Preston at home with a penalty in an uninspiring performance, won at Bolton but who doesn't (-15 GD) and just had a clinical evening against a poor Hull side where everything seemed to fall for us, the rest of the results make very poor reading.

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

As I've said before it's a work in progress.You don't " write a season off" but if you're realistic you appreciate that it takes time to create a winning team.The trouble nowadays is that so called supporters demand immediate results as if to say there aren't a lot of other clubs out there with similar expectations.We are where we are.We're an average Championship club.We've got a large fan base and great training facilities but so have other clubs.Reality check is required by quite a few people,we have no divine right to dominate this division due to several seasons of failure and mismanagement.It'd be great if some people actually supported the team instead of constantly carping on about the fact the team isn't meeting their expectations,as yet.

It's an absolute disgrace that people are questioning Rowett. The bloke lives locally, his lad is a Rams fan, he has the best idea of what we need in order to progress. He wants to change the dynamics of the squad from a team who has failed year on year playing a possession based game. 

He needs two more transfer windows at a minimum. I really can't believe people are wanting him out already. He needs to blood youth, and slash the wage bill, as well as finishing in a respectable position in the league. This is a task that any manger in world football would find difficult. 

I suggest that anyone not buying into Rowett's ideas stay away from the club. 

Keep the faith!

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It's an absolute disgrace that people are questioning Rowett. The bloke lives locally, his lad is a Rams fan, he has the best idea of what we need in order to progress. He wants to change the dynamics of the squad from a team who has failed year on year playing a possession based game. 

He needs two more transfer windows at a minimum. I really can't believe people are wanting him out already. He needs to blood youth, and slash the wage bill, as well as finishing in a respectable position in the league. This is a task that any manger in world football would find difficult. 

I suggest that anyone not buying into Rowett's ideas stay away from the club. 

Keep the faith!

1. He’s not signed a single player over the age of 26

2. He’s sold Hughes, Ince, and Christie, some of our youngest first team players 

3. He’s signed Division One journeymen on ridiculous wage

23 minutes ago, ramma said:

He can’t motivate them that’s the problem. McClaren got a lot more out of pretty much the same group of players in a shorter timeframe. What’s Gary’s excuse ?

W1, D3, L5. Mac's last 9 games. Good job he got a lot more out of them in his early games, the shorter timeframe (not saying he should or shouldn't have got the sack)

Archived