Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Just back from Sunderland Derby must have some midfield to let bryson leave 

he was brilliant today being allowed to get forward and best player on the park by a mile 

Surely this can't be true. I thought his legs had gone!

Just watched the highlights. He scored one and also had another good long range effort. 

48 minutes ago, Squid said:

Next 6 fixtures : 

Brentford Away 

Cardiff Away 

Forest at Home 

Sheff Wed at Home 

Norwich away 

Leeds away

Good luck Gary! :huh:

ok so how many points will we get  from these fixtures...I think 5 at the most 3 forest 1 sheff wed 1 norwich

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, no its not. Plus I thought Rowett said he could play more than one way?

Isnt it?

is it always champaign football and spanking the opposition?

are u unfamilair with the peaks and troughs of derby county football club?

why after several seasons of mistakes should we not be having to hit the reset switch like clough post jewell and the ill fated prem season, bar the premiership football it aint much different, big squad of lots of overated players on big money that nobody else wants... sounds all so familiar doesnt it 

guessing with a username of roymac u would have seen as much of it as anyone???

19 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I am tempted to say that it also tends to happen when the manager is out of his depth (as well as when a club is in transition) but I will try and be a little more controlled.

As stated I can see why a degree of transition may be required but I don't see anything in the way of a vision from Rowett in terms of where the club is going and why. He has been here 6 months now and I can't identify a single aspect where we have moved forward as a team, as a club.

Lets be clear Rowett said at the start of the season we already had a playing staff capable of top six and two more additions and we would be top two. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is capable of leading the team to anywhere near the top six so if he believes the players are capable of that - where does the fault lie? Was he wrong about the players or is he incapable of unlocking their capabilities.

Does he not have to say that

i can see it now, go into the club

first interview with the local media

"Their all f ing s*** and not not good enough"

Now kindly and go out and play for me ????

even the mighty brian clough couldnt do that ask a leeds fan 

come on

(god im good lol)

12 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Surely this can't be true. I thought his legs had gone!

Just watched the highlights. He scored one and also had another good long range effort. 

So they say m8 he did tire after 80 minutes but what a shift he put in supporting the boy zohore  up front 

remind u of anything :ermm:

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Isnt it?

is it always champaign football and spanking the opposition?

are u unfamilair with the peaks and troughs of derby county football club?

why after several seasons of mistakes should we not be having to hit the reset switch like clough post jewell and the ill fated prem season, bar the premiership football it aint much different, big squad of lots of overated players on big money that nobody else wants... sounds all so familiar doesnt it 

guessing with a username of roymac u would have seen as much of it as anyone???

The memory fades for all but the best of the stuff. The highs stay longer than the lows. I can't see Rowett being owt but another also ran, no sign of anything but 'talk'. As for his football well it won't get bums on seats. The reset post Jewell was ditching players not good enough for the Prem, well not up to competing in the Championship. But Jewell was an awful manager so it was difficult to take a balanced view on whether some of the players could have been better at this level. We've seen how well most of our squad can be at this level. I don't subscribe to this revolution needed, especially when I see who GR has bought in. If Mel was good at his job he'd find a manager better than Mac.

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

So they say m8 he did tire after 80 minutes but what a shift he put in supporting the boy zohore  up front 

remind u of anything :ermm:

I'm happy for him. I think if he'd been given a run he would have done a great job for us but it wasn't to be. He should IMO have played in the early games when we played 4-3-3.:(

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The memory fades for all but the best of the stuff. The highs stay longer than the lows. I can't see Rowett being owt but another also ran, no sign of anything but 'talk'. As for his football well it won't get bums on seats. The reset post Jewell was ditching players not good enough for the Prem, well not up to competing in the Championship. But Jewell was an awful manager so it was difficult to take a balanced view on whether some of the players could have been better at this level. We've seen how well most of our squad can be at this level. I don't subscribe to this revolution needed, especially when I see who GR has bought in. If Mel was good at his job he'd find a manager better than Mac.

.... and stick with Mac until he'd found him

1 hour ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I don't really blame Rowett, anyone would have taken the job.

Should never had sacked McLaren 1 (first sacking was never about the interest from Newcastle, it was that Steve wanted things his way and Chairman Mel didn't like it) and 2 (a bad run of games with no window to sort the team out despite playing well). Should never have sacked Clement. Should never have appointed Pearson or Rowett. Problem is with the Chairman.

More like Chief Exec Rush didn't like it. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh and if mel walks then be prepared to say hello to another 10 years plus in the championship and the obvious cost cutting that weve endured under previous boards

Buy a season ticket then???

We are under austerity already this season. Just look at who has left and who came/was coming in. That Kleft bloke would have sorted our midfield's problems? 

Sadly we are stuck with Rowett and this team for a while. Interesting to see what happens in the summer with 8 players out of contract.

Also, why did we extend the contract for Pearce? And again, why sign Davies when we had Pearce and Shackle at the club?

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Does he not have to say that

i can see it now, go into the club

"your all f ing s***, your not good enough"

Now would u kindly and go out and play for me ????

even the mighty brian clough couldnt do that ask a leeds fan 

come on

He doesn't need to say anything about it at all.

Are you suggesting he said it but didn't really believe it? When it comes to pre-season next year perhaps you could come on here to translate what Rowett is actually meaning if he makes any mention of objectives for the season. Stupidly, unless I have good reason to think otherwise, I do try and take people at their word and trust what they are saying.

Lot of ground between 'squad capable of top six ' and 'you are all ***'  and I reckon it would be easy to find some sensible middle ground or even not mention top six / top 2 at all. To be honest I am beginning to get increasingly frustrated at the mismatch between what Rowett says and what he actually delivers.

Rowett inherited a squad that had been in and around the top six for most of the previous 3 seasons, despite his transfer dealings many of those players are still here with additional personnel presumably added as they align with Rowett's vision. If you want to suggest that Rowett is getting the absolute best he can from the players at his disposal then I disagree.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wasnt rowett touted about as one of the best young managers around?

so we sack him.... who next.

surely stability is what we lack above anything else ??

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Turgid football. I raised my fears at the time that we hired the wrong man, and I maintain them. Rowett fits the clough mould, is great in a side lower down with a small budget, not sure he can handle bigger egos very well. I'm in two minds of what I think should be done about Rowett, I think he'd eventually sort us out, but the question is of how far we'll drop until then, and if the squad will stick with him. 

We should have hired a manager who liked to play the same football as the squad. So in some respects, maybe firing him would do some good. And yet, we're in transition from a McClaren style team, to a Rowett one, so I don't think our squad is good enough anyway. I'd stick with him for now.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it - Rowett is a young pretender in comparison to Clough. You only have to look at this season - 2 points behind him on 12% of Rowetts budget. Clough could lose him in terms of recruitment, tactics and style. He taught Rowett what little he knows. 

29 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I am tempted to say that it also tends to happen when the manager is out of his depth (as well as when a club is in transition) but I will try and be a little more controlled.

As stated I can see why a degree of transition may be required but I don't see anything in the way of a vision from Rowett in terms of where the club is going and why. He has been here 6 months now and I can't identify a single aspect where we have moved forward as a team, as a club.

Lets be clear Rowett said at the start of the season we already had a playing staff capable of top six and two more additions and we would be top two. I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is capable of leading the team to anywhere near the top six so if he believes the players are capable of that - where does the fault lie? Was he wrong about the players or is he incapable of unlocking their capabilities.

Funny that,I can remember certain fans saying the same things when a certain Brian Clough had only been in charge a few months.

Chris Hughton took 2/3 years to get Brighton sorted and got a lot of praise for a steady job done.Rowett'a been here 6 months and getting stick for not having moved out 15 players and brought in 15 replacements and .hell's teeth!!, we're not even in the top two yet!!?

Does anyone understand the concept of patience anymore?! I can remember Ferguson being slated at Man Utd as well-it doesn't happen overnight people ffs!!!

2 minutes ago, Mikeyboy said:

You only have to look at this season - 2 points behind him on 12% of Rowetts budget.

And we're 2 points behind Villa that spent £76m last season assembling their squad, throw in a John Terry this season makes us look like peasants as well.

It's not Rowett's style of football or even the results which have bothered me this season, it was our transfer window.

I could be on board for another year or two of transition if we were putting obvious building blocks in place, but signing the likes of Huddlestone, Davies and Ledley (30's club) and allowing Hughes, Ince and Christie (years ahead of them) to leave just sends out the wrong sort of message.

I can't get on board with DCFC at the moment as there doesn't seem to be a plan in place at all.

The transfer window was a mess again, and the squad now looks even more unbalanced than what it did last season.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Wasnt rowett touted about as one of the best young managers around?

so we sack him.... who next.

He was but I'm not sure what it's really based on.

Billy Davies?

Agree. We must give him time. It's just not good to watch right now. Which is obviously going to create a negative response to the current situation if not the long term 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Stability with the right man at the helm is what we lack, the question is, Is Rowett that man ?

I'm beginning to doubt it with every week that goes by myself, if I was a betting man I would put a tenner on a player power/player revolt thread appearing on here in the coming weeks, I just get the feeling players are tiring of his rhetoric.

Archived