Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

16 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

What I am beginning to find slightly worrying is that  Gary , post match, regularly now  seems to be criticising the players for not doing what he has asked them to do .

Even things  so daft that its often the 'wrong' penalty taker who steps up

What does this say about the respect and confidence in which the players hold their manager and his 'team'  ?

Says that the problem always has been the players. They have a history of downing the tools. Didn't one of our former players say that they wouldn't want to be in the trenches with them? That suggests it all to me. Hope Rowett can change the mentality of them

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Not rowetts fault Carson decided to ping it straight to Billy sharp

Not rowetts fault Russel decided to smack it straight into our own net

Not rowetts fault vydra couldn't manage to score 

Sure he sets up the tactics and coaches them, but when there's a string of individual mistakes by the players that's not the managers fault.

Rowett can do a lot but he can't kick the ball for them.

The back 4 and 2 central midfielders we started today are all slightly prone to making mistakes when put under pressure.  The way we've been playing (with them all sat very deep pinging long balls up to forwards who can't hold it up) is basically encouraging the opposition to repeatedly get the ball and run at us. Rowett might not be directly responsible for individual errors, but he's certainly at fault for setting us up in such a way that exposes the weaknesses in those 6 players.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He said sheff Utd played exactly how he told them they would do but the players didn't implement it and thought they could win because they play for Derby County. A manager can only do so much, the players have got a history of downing the tools when the going gets tough. If the players don't implement your instructions then that says more about the players. Fed up with us chopping and changing managers. We should stick with Rowett so he can change the attitude of this lot.

I agree we can't chop and change...rowett should be given two seasons but I just don't buy the players don't try rubbish.....

I train dogs and when they dont do what you want them to do or make mistakes completing an exercise,it's 99 percent of the time, because they don't fully understand what you want them to do....I have to then,adapt my training to ensure they do understand...it's then practised until it's second nature.

The point us,it's not their fault,it's mine.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Says that the problem always has been the players. They have a history of downing the tools. Didn't one of our former players say that they wouldn't want to be in the trenches with them? That suggests it all to me. Hope Rowett can change the mentality of them

Clearly He cannot , I am not blaming Rowett at all , it is just the players , bet most of them know they are going at the end of the season when contracts run out so there is no incentive to change , logic says we will have to pay their wages anyway simplistically I would start paying off contracts now , however I am sure that the finances say otherwise

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I agree we can't chop and change...rowett should be given two seasons but I just don't buy the players don't try rubbish.....

I train dogs and when they dont do what you want them to do or make mistakes completing an exercise,it's 99 percent of the time, because they don't fully understand what you want them to do....I have to then,adapt my training to ensure they do understand...it's then practised until it's second nature.

The point us,it's not their fault,it's mine.

But why should Rowett adapt to them when what was used in the past didn't work? It should be the players who adapt to him. A number of our previous managers say that the quality is there but it's the mentality that needs to be changed. Whilst I don't agree that the quality was there, it's alarming that they have all said that the mentality and character of the players needs to change.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Why do you think the problem always has been the players  McL ?

Why has this happened time and time again ?

Why don't the players respect their manager ? 

Why should they be averse to doing what their manager wants them to do ? Time and time again. 

That is the question or should I say questions.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Not rowetts fault Carson decided to ping it straight to Billy sharp

Not rowetts fault Russel decided to smack it straight into our own net

Not rowetts fault vydra couldn't manage to score 

Sure he sets up the tactics and coaches them, but when there's a string of individual mistakes by the players that's not the managers fault.

Rowett can do a lot but he can't kick the ball for them.

Not Rowett's fault that the ref was too timid to give a player a second yellow just so the Blades didn't have to play injury time with ten men. Nor did he convert Carson into a striker with one minute to go!

He is not a rave and ranter but he was one livid manager at the end!

No good making him a scapegoat after what we hope is the players' worst game of the season!

(not just 'so far')!

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But why should Rowett adapt to them when what was used in the past didn't work? It should be the players who adapt to him. A number of our previous managers say that the quality is there but it's the mentality that needs to be changed. Whilst I don't agree that the quality was there, it's alarming that they have all said that the mentality and character of the players needs to change.

So just out of interest, how long do you think it will take for huddlestone and Johnson to turn into mobile midfielders that can press high up the pitch, and how long for Vydra to turn into a creative midfield player, and how long for Martin to turn into a pacy channel-runner? 

Is this a joke??? There are 46 games its a marathon not a sprint.... we're not going to win every game and first two goals unlicky third we sent carson up... its a loss not the end of the world... how can we build anything if we sack the manager after every loss 

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

So just out of interest, how long do you think it will take for huddlestone and Johnson to turn into mobile midfielders that can press high up the pitch, and how long for Vydra to turn into a creative midfield player, and how long for Martin to turn into a pacy channel-runner? 

Maybe his hands are being tied due to ffp? We simply don't know. He needs at least 2-3 windows to sort out this mess.

5 minutes ago, swadieram said:

Pearson should have been allowed to sort the dressing room out last year!  

And I'd argue Mcclaren should have been given the opportunity to sort this Summer . 

Another manager 9/10 means another chance for players to prove themselves all over

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Why do you think the problem always has been the players  McL ?

Why has this happened time and time again ?

Why don't the players respect their manager ? 

Why should they be averse to doing what their manager wants them to do ? Time and time again. 

That is the question or should I say questions.

I simply don't know Bobby but I certainly won't be blaming the managers from now on. It's the same thing every year with these players. Eustace said that there are several big egos at Derby but Rowett has them under control, is he starting to lose that control like McClaren, Clement , Pearson and Wassall did?

I'm a Rowett and want him to succeed but he has some strange thinking sometimes its a huge risk to start with 4 strikers away from home Because whatever you think of Weisman and Russell midfielders they are not Its also not taken opponent's long to work out stop Huddlestone and we've got nobody else who can pass a ball Sheff U were all over him like a rash every time he had the ball 

Yes he's up to the job. He just needs time.

Time to move on the players who he thinks are not good enough.

Time to move on the players who can't or won't play the style of football he wants the team to play.

Time to bring in the players he wants.

Time to mould the new and remaining players into a team that is capable of competing and hopefully winning this league.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Maybe his hands are being tied due to ffp? We simply don't know. He needs at least 2-3 windows to sort out this mess.

Maybe they are, but if you can't get the players in to play the way you want, you can't just play that way anyway and say 'it's not my fault' when you get hammered.

And I've said over and over again, I really don't want to spend 2 seasons of watching rubbish football, just so Rowett can build the dour, long ball side of his dreams.  If we're going to commit to a manager, I'd much rather it be one that I have a least a little faith in.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I simply don't know Bobby but I certainly won't be blaming the managers from now on. It's the same thing every year with these players. Eustace said that there are several big egos at Derby but Rowett has them under control, is he starting to lose that control like McClaren, Clement , Pearson and Wassall did?

Come on Mclovin

You have strong views on DCFC and are not afraid to put them out there

I enjoy your contributions

You must have an opinion on why this is always the issue at the Rams and why it doesn't seem to go away

Archived