Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so it begins ?

Give it a few more games FFS

Or shall we just chop another manager and start all over again.

He has this season at least to try and sort this mess out.

If he could dump half of this squad I'm sure he would , but he can't so sit tight and let GR do his job and we will see how it ends when the seasons done.

Patience padawan .

5 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

GR says fans' comments on social media affect them ! Poor lambs , must be why they are so gutless even when they have a sold out away following behind them. All they need to do is show some balls and there will be no boos whatever the score . ?

Well I reckon all the players are great. Can't give them all an individual mention but if they are reading this, this is your confidence boosting post that will change our fortunes.

7 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

GR says fans' comments on social media affect them ! Poor lambs , must be why they are so gutless even when they have a sold out away following behind them. All they need to do is show some balls and there will be no boos whatever the score . ?

Well choose to ignore him and carry on  with the slating then if you think it is more productive...

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Well I reckon all the players are great. Can't give them all an individual mention but if they are reading this, this is your confidence boosting post that will change our fortunes.

Just a fact that fans expect players representing their club to give it their all . Not too much to ask for is it ??

I went ta lane taday wi a few of mi owd mukkas from pit.couldnt get a ticket wi mi mukkas to sit in away end so sat in't kip. Did not hear Derby fans once .. oh hang I did .. when Johnny Russell went off. 

I'm gonna say it were dog sh@@. Ya can dress it up all ya want Rosetta ain't good enough and those players need to seriously take a look at themselves. Remember a couple of an out there earned this week more than half of us earn in a year. Soz its just not good enuff

3 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Just a fact that fans expect players representing their club to give it their all . Not too much to ask for is it ??

Do we run around with our arms in the air shouting we're going up after a win? 

So we lost today. We gave them two goals. I'm as pig sick as the rest but it wasn't the play off final. There are plenty of games left and looking at the other results apart from Cardiff no one is very consistent at the moment. 

What I am beginning to find slightly worrying is that  Gary , post match, regularly now  seems to be criticising the players for not doing what he has asked them to do .

Even things  so daft that its often the 'wrong' penalty taker who steps up

What does this say about the respect and confidence in which the players hold their manager and his 'team'  ?

Rowett sounded really pissed off in his interview. He said that he told the players what they needed to do but they didn't do it. Suggested that some players aren't trying their best and think they can beat teams because they are Derby players. First time I've heard Rowett this annoyed since he's been here.

The problem always has been the players, not the managers.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Rowett sounded really pissed off in his interview. He said that he told the players what they needed to do but they didn't do it. Suggested that some players aren't trying their best and think they can beat teams because they are Derby players. First time I've heard Rowett this annoyed since he's been here.

Can't agree with that...the right manager makes it easy to understand and implement the plans to suit the team he has.....so either the plans aren't suitable for the team you have or you can't handle your team.

Not rowetts fault Carson decided to ping it straight to Billy sharp

Not rowetts fault Russel decided to smack it straight into our own net

Not rowetts fault vydra couldn't manage to score 

Sure he sets up the tactics and coaches them, but when there's a string of individual mistakes by the players that's not the managers fault.

Rowett can do a lot but he can't kick the ball for them.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

It depends what he's asking them to do though. He's said several times he wants us to be aggressive and press high up the pitch, yet he starts huddlestone and Johnson in midfield. We'll never be able to press high up the pitch with those 2 in there, and it's nothing to do with desire, or not following the managers instructions.  Nothing I've seen from Rowett suggests he's got any idea how to get what he wants put into practice, and we're yet again regularly playing games where most of the team can't do the job that is being asked of them.  The players were openly arguing with each on the pitch in the last home game about who was supposed to be doing what, while Rowett was sat in the bench twiddling his thumbs, it really doesn't fill me with confidence.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can't agree with that...the right manager makes it easy to understand and implement the plans to suit the team he has.....so either the plans aren't suitable for the team you have or you can't handle your team.

He said sheff Utd played exactly how he told them they would do but the players didn't implement it and thought they could win because they play for Derby County. A manager can only do so much, the players have got a history of downing the tools when the going gets tough. If the players don't implement your instructions then that says more about the players. Fed up with us chopping and changing managers. We should stick with Rowett so he can change the attitude of this lot.

Archived