Sign in to follow this  
Jourdan

The boring Man City discussion

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

In the last 2 seasons the average age of the players he has offloaded is 25.7, the average age of players he acquired 23.4 and all on a shoestring budget of £300m...

Not sure what you're suggesting, but that figure obviously is skewed by the number of youngsters released/sold as they aren't up to first-team squad ability.

Since Pep has come in the first-team squad players he has sold/let go are Demichelis (35), Dzeko (31), Jovetic (27), Caballero (35), Clichy (32), Jesus Navas (31), Sagna (34), Zabaleta (32), Zuculini (24), Kolorov (31), Fernando (30), Nasri (30) and Iheanacho (20) average age = 30.1 years.

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure what you're suggesting, but that figure obviously is skewed by the number of youngsters released/sold as they aren't up to first-team squad ability.

Since Pep has come in the first-team squad players he has sold/let go are Demichelis (35), Dzeko (31), Jovetic (27), Caballero (35), Clichy (32), Jesus Navas (31), Sagna (34), Zabaleta (32), Zuculini (24), Kolorov (31), Fernando (30), Nasri (30) and Iheanacho (20) average age = 30.1 years.

I'm suggesting the excuse you are giving him is not backed up by actual facts.

If all of those youngsters were not up to first team ability surely his genius coaching would have brought them up to speed?

Off your list I see 2 maybe 3 regular starters.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm suggesting the excuse you are giving him is not backed up by actual facts.

If all of those youngsters were not up to first team ability surely his genius coaching would have brought them up to speed?

Off your list I see 2 maybe 3 regular starters.

You can't coach players who are simply not good enough. Surely you can understand this?

It's like Callum Ball. Clearly not good enough for the Championship, no matter how good your coaching is, he doesn't have the required attributes for this level.

Big teams release numerous youngsters from their academies every year. City are no different.

Pep, from the first-team squad he inherited, has slowly got rid of the ageing players who aren't good enough. 

1 minute ago, David said:

How did David Silva at 31 years old send a through ball in like that, thought they were all duffers at that age?

Impossible task to win the league with players as old and past it as him last year- no team has ever had such a squad of s**** old age pensioners

6 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Does anyone remember when City were average s**** before the money rolled in, like Chelsea?

Just wondering.

Of course, it wasnt so long ago was it?

I remember watching them in the third tier relying on Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov to get them out of the division.

Likewise, although it was a longer time ago, I remember us under Cox going to chelsea, infront of a crowd of about 14k.

I think would have been around the time some people tipped them for the title, just because they had signed Andy Townsend and Dennis Wise.

Oh how things have changed.

Pep's obviously talented but does he really think he will win the premier league with that midfield? They're good with the ball but terrible without it. They need a strong defensive midfield in there. Every premier league winner has had pace and power through their spine. Pep should have been all over Fabinho in the summer. I've changed my mind, I think Man Utd will win the league.

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pep's obviously talented but does he really think he will win the premier league with that midfield? They're good with the ball but terrible without it. They need a strong defensive midfield in there. Every premier league winner has had pace and power through their spine. Pep should have been all over Fabinho in the summer. I've changed my mind, I think Man Utd will win the league.

Replacing Toure/Fernandinho I think is a job for next summer.

He had more pressing matters this summer with the fullbacks and GK issue.

I like the 4141 system he uses. Jesus is so much more mobile than Aguero.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

GK issue

Didn't he solve that last year with £18m Bravo? Or was that just a stop gap until they signed Ederson for £35m