The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get good seats at City now and again, spoke to Tom a while ago, was very found of Derby said it was great fun working with Nigel on a budget and he enjoyed the fight they had on their hands. Nice man, said it's worlds apart at City and just has to see if everyone thinks whatever it is is a good idea, then it's done...

Then got a pint in and said "I always look at Derbys scores, good luck and up the Rams"

16 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

I get good seats at City now and again, spoke to Tom a while ago, was very found of Derby said it was great fun working with Nigel on a budget and he enjoyed the fight they had on their hands. Nice man, said it's worlds apart at City and just has to see if everyone thinks whatever it is is a good idea, then it's done...

Then got a pint in and said "I always look at Derbys scores, good luck and up the Rams"

I always liked him, seems a long time ago since the fans railed against Mr Glick and GSE towards the end for our transfer dealings (particularly when we missed out on Salmon first time, almost a blessing till we went and paid double for him the next summer!)

21 hours ago, Alex W said:

I always liked him, seems a long time ago since the fans railed against Mr Glick and GSE towards the end for our transfer dealings (particularly when we missed out on Salmon first time, almost a blessing till we went and paid double for him the next summer!)

I remember the Yanks out stuff, in hindsight they were pretty diligent and responsible and the way they backed their man Nigel (not with money, granted, but with unstinting faith that he'd been doing a good job from the boards perspective) was so polar opposite to what's followed. Let's not get to nostalgic though, staying up on a smallish budget wasn't exciting.

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember the Yanks out stuff, in hindsight they were pretty diligent and responsible and the way they backed their man Nigel (not with money, granted, but with unstinting faith that he'd been doing a good job from the boards perspective) was so polar opposite to what's followed. Let's not get to nostalgic though, staying up on a smallish budget wasn't exciting.

As much as I liked what we were trying to do and the odd fantastic win, the best thing about a lot of games was the bag of chips on the walk to the ground.

52 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

As much as I liked what we were trying to do and the odd fantastic win, the best thing about a lot of games was the bag of chips on the walk to the ground.

A bit of me thinks that we’d have been going down in 08/09 and getting 09/10, 10/11 and 11/12 out of the way in one season.

That being said, I still think we should have made the play-offs in 12/13 and could have made them in 11/12 had we played Bailey more.

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Ooooops

Doesn't change the first half performance does it? I'm no City fan but they could have had 6 in the first half and that was without Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Walker. United have been excellent second half so not really sure what your point is?

Great game for the neutrals whatever the result.

Man City will not win the champions league with Kompany in their team, he’s far too error prone. He was at fault with the Man Utd goals despite scoring and was heavily exposed in both games at Anfield against Liverpool. The issue is that he is a city legend so it would be difficult to move him on.

Archived