The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But what if they tire like the mighty Bayern did...and don’t forget they were much better than this city team....pah. 

They will tire if they don't rotate. Like Bayern did, they will win the league but it might cost them in the champions league

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, cannable said:

He may well have been, but that injury completely derailed him.

Still *technically* won two world cups mind.

Best player I've had the pleasure of watching play. If he was through on a 1v1, you would have put your life on him scoring. He also did it against some of the best defenders of all time like Maldini and Nesta and made them look average.

Dele Alli's shocking tackle on De Bruyne was probably the worst thing Spurs could have done. At that stage of the game it was even, with City leading 1-0 but coasting somewhat after a series of missed chances.

But that tackle just woke up a beast, and they absoloutely battered Spurs in that last 20 minutes with the intensity, change of speed and non-stop pressing. De Bruyne was in unstoppable mode for the last 20 minutes of the game.

How can you say this side isn't special? Just watch them play. They're currently at a level which no other Premier League side in history has gotten close to. Phenonemal.

They're a good team but still not as good as his Bayern team or Barcelona team like would English pundits are suggesting. I'd be interested to see how they do against a team who has a lot more possession. Napoli gave them some trouble but they had an inferiority complex against Man City.

Would love to see Bayern v Man city

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

They're a good team but still not as good as his Bayern team or Barcelona team like would English pundits are suggesting. I'd be interested to see how they do against a team who has a lot more possession. Napoli gave them some trouble but they had an inferiority complex against Man City.

Would love to see Bayern v Man city

I think they're a different team. His Barcelona sides were a lot more controlling with the ball, using the likes of Xavi and Iniesta to completely dominate the middle of the pitch with ball possession. 

This City side seem to play the ball forwards much quicker, and they counter IMO far more frequently via quick forward passes into space than Barcelona ever did as they often looked to utilise Messi's creative ability.

They're more comparable to Bayern who looked like they were playing at x2 speed all the time, but I think they had a better set of individual players than this City side.

City could definitely get an upgrade on Sterling, Delph, at CB and probably DM. That's the frightening thing too, they have the spending power and now the reputation to buy better. 

Imagine a Neymar instead of Sterling, Alaba instead of Delph and an Isco coming in as a younger David Silva replacement. They're already miles better than the rest in the PL right now, and you can easily pinpoint potential improvements.

31 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think they're a different team. His Barcelona sides were a lot more controlling with the ball, using the likes of Xavi and Iniesta to completely dominate the middle of the pitch with ball possession. 

This City side seem to play the ball forwards much quicker, and they counter IMO far more frequently via quick forward passes into space than Barcelona ever did as they often looked to utilise Messi's creative ability.

They're more comparable to Bayern who looked like they were playing at x2 speed all the time, but I think they had a better set of individual players than this City side.

City could definitely get an upgrade on Sterling, Delph, at CB and probably DM. That's the frightening thing too, they have the spending power and now the reputation to buy better. 

Imagine a Neymar instead of Sterling, Alaba instead of Delph and an Isco coming in as a younger David Silva replacement. They're already miles better than the rest in the PL right now, and you can easily pinpoint potential improvements.

What he is doing with Sterling could be one of the triumphs of Guardiola's career. Of course that all rather depends on how much Sterling wants to develop.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Van Dijk, Bertrand/Rose, Fabinho and Sanchez whom are all very gettable but would be an improvement over what they have got then they'd be laughing next season too.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

What he is doing with Sterling could be one of the triumphs of Guardiola's career. Of course that all rather depends on how much Sterling wants to develop.

Sterling could have had five goals today. Five!

He missed the rebound from the penalty, another one from six yards out with the goal gaping, a left-footed drive inside the box in the first half which went hopelessly into row Z and then Lloris pulled off a good save from another left-footed shot.

He's such a weird one. I'm convinced he's a crap footballer. Has no footballing intelligence or technique, but for some reason or another he's scored so many important goals for them this season.

I think he's even their top scorer with about 15 for the season already. He could grab 30 in all competitions this season for them. That's absolute madness. 

I think it just shows how many chances City create that they can afford to miss three or four sitters and still comfortably win.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Van Dijk, Bertrand/Rose, Fabinho and Sanchez whom are all very gettable but would be an improvement over what they have got then they'd be laughing next season too.

They have Mendy to come back at LB which should be an improvement on Delph. Agree via Van Dijk, would be a great signing for them and Fabinho as Fernandinho's long-term replacement.

Sanchez is the only one I'd struggle to see where he'd fit in. He isn't really a pacy, direct wide player in the mould of Sane/Sterling. But he's totally gettable and would give them another great option.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

They have Mendy to come back at LB which should be an improvement on Delph. Agree via Van Dijk, would be a great signing for them and Fabinho as Fernandinho's long-term replacement.

Sanchez is the only one I'd struggle to see where he'd fit in. He isn't really a pacy, direct wide player in the mould of Sane/Sterling. But he's totally gettable and would give them another great option.

Agree re: Sanchez. Only reason I suggested him is because he will be a free transfer in the summer and he knows Pep from his time at Barca, where his best form came as a right winger(where Sterling plays).

It depends whether he wants another speedster winger or wants a player who can keep the ball more on the wing. You probably know more about him than me but would someone like Pulisic fit in this Man City team? He'd be a long term option and would have the marketability in the States. Can't see him staying at Dortmund for long the way they are dropping down the bundlesliga.

Archived