The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2017 at 11:28, McLovin said:

Man City will probably win the league but there are already signs of burnout with their recent results. This will probably cost Man City come the business end of the season as it did with Bayern a few years ago. 

They're struggling with injuries a bit, while the busy Christmas schedule and number of games is causing issues.

They can afford to play in second gear providing they find themselves ahead, but for the past three games a lack of prolificacy has almost cost them and it's draining for them to be looking to break down packed defences.

I don't think burnout was a particular problem with Bayern. I think the biggest issue was the transition of playing easy matches every week to playing the best teams in the world. 

No doubt winning the Bundesliga by March time affected their concentration levels. Then you have to play Madrid or Barca in a semi-final and it's difficult to show the same intensity.

PSG will be exactly the same this season, you watch.

City are one win away from outright breaking the PL record for consecutive wins. Up next for them is Paul Clement's Swansea City. I'd find it hilarious if it is his side who are the ones who manage to stop them. 

But hopefully they do it in style with a 0-4 win or something.

On 12/1/2017 at 13:28, McLovin said:

Man City will probably win the league but there are already signs of burnout with their recent results. This will probably cost Man City come the business end of the season as it did with Bayern a few years ago. 

Yep..that burnout is looking pretty significant now...not sure they will win another game..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42304458

Alan Shearer is declaring the title race over. Brave words from a guy who saw his beloved Newcastle squander an 11-point lead at the top of the table around this time.

Then again, City are evidently the best team in the PL this season and there seems a bigger gulf in quality between them and United than say United and Arsenal.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42304458

Alan Shearer is declaring the title race over. Brave words from a guy who saw his beloved Newcastle squander an 11-point lead at the top of the table around this time.

Then again, City are evidently the best team in the PL this season and there seems a bigger gulf in quality between them and United than say United and Arsenal.

He is bang on though....it is over they wont get caught,

I think City have almost certainly wrapped up the title. They're too good going forward to drop points against most of the weaker teams in the PL and the rest of the 'top 7' (seems only fair to include Burnley considering how well they're doing) will continue to take points off of each other.

That being said, I think they're still too frail defensively to win the Champions League. Stones has been very good this season but Otamendi is average, Kompany is injury-prone and Mangala is crap. They need to improve at centre-half, if I were Pep I'd look seriously at James Tarkowski, but can imagine them probably going back in for Evans. Could also see them getting another full-back so that Delph can start at CDM instead. 

Archived