One win from Wembley ?

Doodle

1 minute ago, David said:

If only 900 went to Grimsby, can't see us taking more to Wembley, not like they have a beach or candy floss down there. Be around 750/800 going tops as nobody really cares about the cup.

We'll fill our end and then theyll give us the upper stand.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting draw, if we get past Barnsley and it's a big if at this stage then a wired visit to Wembley in a proper cup competition is very attractive for my personal CV of watching football ! 

To be fair to spurs it would be a pain to fit the fixture in whoever they play but it's not like they don't have many players is it?

Brother in law is a spurs fan - and I live in London - so we will go to this (be he first time since I've known him to play against each other). Split on how I'll feel if we lose to Barnsley - gutted to miss the opportunity for a big night out - or relieved I won't have to put up with the endless ribbing if we get spanked!

Interesting to know if the draw has changed Rowett's approach to the Barnsley game, would we have used it as another opportunity to give the likes of Bennett more game time and bring through youngsters, or will the chance to play at Wembley and top up the clubs bank account see a full strength side put out.

Not sure he would have lost much sleep had we lost to Grimsby, but there's a few thousand more expectant fans now that we overcome Barnsley.

Also a great opportunity to take the players down to Wembley, never know where this season may lead, sorry if that's being slightly optimistic for a Thursday morning!

Right I will be the miserable old git.

If we beat Barnsley and the match is at Wembley I will not be going.

The match, for me, would represent everything that is going wrong with our game.

Wembley should be the pinnacle.

I want to see Derby winning there in a play off/cup final backed by 45000  fans, not 2 reserve teams playing in the 3rd round of a cup  (who's draw was made at 4am in China) in a half empty stadium...all because the FA got the budget for building the stadium wrong by a few hundred million.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Right I will be the miserable old git.

If we beat Barnsley and the match is at Wembley I will not be going.

The match, for me, would represent everything that is going wrong with our game.

Wembley should be the pinnacle.

I want to see Derby winning there in a play off/cup final backed by 45000  fans, not 2 reserve teams playing in the 3rd round of a cup  (who's draw was made at 4am in China) in a half empty stadium...all because the FA got the budget for building the stadium wrong by a few hundred million.

IMG_0963.JPG

You managed to pull of the miserable old git impression - well done!

Just playing Spurs in a great stadium is enough for me - and if we win - the ammo on the brother in law would last a life time! (This is a guy who shouted at the top of his voice that I was a Gooner when we went to watch Spurs v Barcelona at Wembley - I thought I was going to be killed - pay back is due!)

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

You think? Be nice if we do get there, but I suspect the Wembley overheads will push the prices up.

Well that'll be probably the least expensive, but yeah like you said I'm sure the tycoons will make it more

28 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting to know if the draw has changed Rowett's approach to the Barnsley game, would we have used it as another opportunity to give the likes of Bennett more game time and bring through youngsters, or will the chance to play at Wembley and top up the clubs bank account see a full strength side put out.

Not sure he would have lost much sleep had we lost to Grimsby, but there's a few thousand more expectant fans now that we overcome Barnsley.

Also a great opportunity to take the players down to Wembley, never know where this season may lead, sorry if that's being slightly optimistic for a Thursday morning!

Keogh flashback posts in 5....4....3....

14 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

You managed to pull of the miserable old git impression - well done!

Just playing Spurs in a great stadium is enough for me - and if we win - the ammo on the brother in law would last a life time! (This is a guy who shouted at the top of his voice that I was a Gooner when we went to watch Spurs v Barcelona at Wembley - I thought I was going to be killed - pay back is due!)

Next time he is with you in a group of Rams fans, tell them he's a gump.

Archived