Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, angieram said:

No up the Dronfield bypass and A61 into town. Usually drive straight past the ground.

I would try and avoid going straight down Chesterfield Road from the top of the Dronfield bypass and turn right past the F.A football centre on your right. Next roundabout via Gleadless Valley left then follow that road down towards town,I think a lot of the Blades park around there,Gleadless Road,Myrtle Road,roads off East Bank Road,plenty of off street parking if you're early enough.

Any of those roads are only 10 minutes walk from the ground.

We'll be walking back that way after the game so if we see any Derby fans struggling we'll give you a shout.

50 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

We'll be there in some Cone formation,meeting some of the Blades in town for an early shandy.

Be careful if you're going into town.

Anywhere in particular to avoid ? Go too ? I thought you Yorkshire lot were friendly? I'll be in town before the match aiming for the pubs around the train station ! 

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Anywhere in particular to avoid ? Go too ? I thought you Yorkshire lot were friendly? I'll be in town before the match aiming for the pubs around the train station ! 

We are,but the Blades has it fair share of nobs,just avoid any obvious Utd pubs.I'll update you Saturday morning,around the station is fine,we will be around there,I'll give you a shout.

The Howard/Globe ,Tap round the station.

49 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I will ask my dad for you angieram

He is going by car i am going by roadrider as he is at work on same day.

Have a look on football league grounds site comes on there were you can park. 

I'm glad you're finally going on the road rider on your own mate, you'll be able to get to more games now.

15 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

We are,but the Blades has it fair share of nobs,just avoid any obvious Utd pubs.I'll update you Saturday morning,around the station is fine,we will be around there,I'll give you a shout.

The Howard/Globe ,Tap round the station.

Cheers conehead I'll check back on here see where everyone's going ?

4 hours ago, Burtonram2066 said:

Be one of the best away days of the year if you like your booze. (We all do). 

Sheffield tap

Rutland arms 

sentinel brewing company 

stagger in to the away end. 

3 points. 

Train home. 

Was in Sheffield Tap last night after an away days drinking in Lincoln (recommended). Was in Rams hoodie but they still served me :)

On 23/08/2017 at 18:06, Mafiabob said:

Saturday 26th August 2017

Bramhall Lane 3pm KO

Can we make it 4 on the bounce

Do we bounce? Will Wendies let us use the bounce?

Do the blunts have the steel?

Regards The Mafia

Keep it up Bob... I think you are on a roll. This has another away win on it for me. I am going to a wedding but will be watching for all the full fans updates. Derby expects every fan to do their duty 

As an Owls fan I shall be keeping a weather eye on proceedings. Hopefully victory will be yours, and the Blunts will go down to defeat. United are a poor team in terms of the individuals they have, but as a composite they're better than the sum of their parts. I have to grudgingly admit that Tufty's done a good job there.

(to the tune of Ebenezer Goode, and referring to Billy Sharp)

♬ He's a ...

♬ He's a ...

♬ Billy Blunt's a ...

I'm sure you'll fill in the gaps yourself. :D

Archived