Tomer Hemed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager Gary Rowett said: "Chris came in (to the dressing room after the game) a bit frustrated because may be he felt he should have made more of some of his opportunities and that people should have given him better service. I think that was part of his frustrations."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-chris-martin-frustrated-after-367075

Hardly said that he had slated his team mates.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Manager Gary Rowett said: "Chris came in (to the dressing room after the game) a bit frustrated because may be he felt he should have made more of some of his opportunities and that people should have given him better service. I think that was part of his frustrations."

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-chris-martin-frustrated-after-367075

Hardly said that he had slated his team mates.

I would be really disappointed if CM wasn't frustrated after the Grimsby match. It was an opportunity for him to play well and score a goal or two and he didn't take the couple of half chances that came his way and just missed with the free kick. And he wasn't given great service, especially in the first half when no one played particularly well. 

Chris Martin playing well is positive for us; so is a dressing room where players can demand better standards of play from each other. This is the same Chris Martin that actively encouraged Tom Lawrence after his miss against Grimsby (watch the footage), after he had been set up by CM himself.

12 hours ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

Think we can rule this one out. I asked a Brighton-supporting friend about his playing style, and he said he's the least mobile player he's ever seen (apparently even slower than Glenn Murray). We've got Chrissy Martin for the hold up play, if we're going to sign a new foward then surely it'll be the younger equivalent of Nugent 

Agree with that.  Yet we tried to sign Gallagher and now this.  Wondering if GR planning on moving Martin out. Not suggesting he should.  But these links with strikers are odd given we are well stocked there

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Where has Rowett said that, have you got a link for it?

My mistake. 'Slated' was definitely the wrong word to use. 

Exact quote: 

Either way, Nugent imo will be playing more often than Martin this season so hopefully he is fine with being a rotation player.

He's a good championship striker. But is another big striker really necessary? We have that option in Martin. I know it's been said already but I'd like to see us sign a really pacey front man who plays on the shoulder.

57 minutes ago, Carra said:

He's a good championship striker. But is another big striker really necessary? We have that option in Martin. I know it's been said already but I'd like to see us sign a really pacey front man who plays on the shoulder.

Best to play on the pitch

1 hour ago, Carra said:

You mean a Vydra type?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

He has said today he wants to add 2 more but won't bloat the squad

He has already said there will be outgoings before the window closes.

The problem is that we cant loan people out gradually between windows any more.

Archived