Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Definitely a penalty, listened to some of talk sport today and they are 'suggesting' that because of the occasion that oliver could have made a different decision, or not sent buffon off. Dont agree, yes buffon was upset but what he did warranted a red. He will also be in trouble with his post match comments i would think.

I agree that Buffon should 100% been sent off for his reaction it was well over the top.....but, it was never in a million years a penalty, the ref totally bottled that decision....is it still a bootable offence to take off your shirt after a goal by the way.?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I agree that Buffon should 100% been sent off for his reaction it was well over the top.....but, it was never in a million years a penalty, the ref totally bottled that decision....is it still a bootable offence to take off your shirt after a goal by the way.?

If it had been us playing I would have wanted a penalty for that.

It might be bookable to take your shirt off....but in Ronaldo's case bootable seems good to :lol:

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Definitely a penalty, listened to some of talk sport today and they are 'suggesting' that because of the occasion that oliver could have made a different decision, or not sent buffon off. Dont agree, yes buffon was upset but what he did warranted a red. He will also be in trouble with his post match comments i would think.

Agree with Buffons' red card. If Oliver hadn't sent him off but just showed a red for sentimental reasons (which in itself would be ludicrous), just imagine the stick he would have got if Buffon had then saved the penalty.

If a player commits a foul it shouldn't matter if the game is 90 seconds or 90 minutes old, it's a foul. It also doesn't matter if the player is making his debut or his final appearance, if you kick off at a ref like that you should walk.

I have seen people say that Oliver should let it go, by that logic we should just stop blowing up for fouls after the 85th minute and any player with an additional 'narrative' is protected from red cards. Mental.

I also find the fact this has happened to Juventus to be hilarious, as if they have never had the rub from questionable officials. Get a grip.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If a player commits a foul it shouldn't matter if the game is 90 seconds or 90 minutes old, it's a foul. It also doesn't matter if the player is making his debut or his final appearance, if you kick off at a ref like that you should walk.

I have seen people say that Oliver should let it go, by that logic we should just stop blowing up for fouls after the 85th minute and any player with an additional 'narrative' is protected from red cards. Mental.

I also find the fact this has happened to Juventus to be hilarious, as if they have never had the rub from questionable officials. Get a grip.

I totally agree it doesn’t matter when the foul is committed or where on the pitch it is committed the red has to give it...but, that was never a foul....the referee totally bottled it  

The same with the red card, it doesn’t matter if it is the greatest goalkeeper of our generation in his final ever chimpions league game then it stil has to be given, and he fully deserved it....and the red did really well to stand his ground and give him the red.....actually there were one or two others that could have been booked or sent off in the melee after it. 

Archived