Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Barcelona are more efficient these days, but nowhere near as good to watch.

Iniesta and Messi the only two who bring that magic. And Iniesta is getting on now, and Messi for that matter doesn’t cover anywhere near as much ground as before or rarely goes on those mazy runs from deep.

Chelsea look dangerous. Fancy them to score at least once. Could finish 3-2 this.

Who do you fancy for the cup this year? I'm not a huge Barca fan, they're a shadow of the team they were in their prime. I'd like the cup to go to either City or Bayern Munich personally.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Barcelona are more efficient these days, but nowhere near as good to watch.

Iniesta and Messi the only two who bring that magic. And Iniesta is getting on now, and Messi for that matter doesn’t cover anywhere near as much ground as before or rarely goes on those mazy runs from deep.

Chelsea look dangerous. Fancy them to score at least once. Could finish 3-2 this.

Did you not see the 2nd goal? 

Barca have to be favourites for this competition because they have the greatest player ever. Not convinced about Man City like some are, they are doing well but the premier league is a poor league. Shaktar and Basel have proved that Man City can be beaten in this competition.

Real Madrid and Bayern will always have a chance but of course it’s all dependant on the draw.

On 13/03/2018 at 21:35, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

But you're saying if City or Liverpool go through it makes the Prem stronger. Won't it still just be an "off day" by the opposing team then. 

Utd have failed to beat 5th in La Liga twice! They have a -6 goal difference in the league. This is against the so called 2nd best team at the moment in England.

No point arguing with premfaces dude. 

50 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Did you not see the 2nd goal? 

Yeah he can accelerate into space, but I’m talking about those runs with four or five players infront of him. Like his goal cs Athletic Bilbao.

Don’t get me wrong, Messi is a genius, but he’s adapted his game so much.

I bet if you look at the stats, he runs the least of any outfield player (bar the CBs) on either side. I think those previous hamstring injuries plus his age means he can’t press or frequently go on long dribbles anymore.

If you notice, Suarez was the one dropping in the AM position and pressing when Chelsea were in possession.

It’s a smart way of utilizing Messi these days, but out of possession Barca are practically playing with 10 men.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yeah he can accelerate into space, but I’m talking about those runs with four or five players infront of him. Like his goal cs Athletic Bilbao.

Don’t get me wrong, Messi is a genius, but he’s adapted his game so much.

I bet if you look at the stats, he runs the least of any outfield player (bar the CBs) on either side. I think those previous hamstring injuries plus his age means he can’t press or frequently go on long dribbles anymore.

If you notice, Suarez was the one dropping in the AM position and pressing when Chelsea were in possession.

It’s a smart way of utilizing Messi these days, but out of possession Barca are practically playing with 10 men.

I'm sure he'll be forgiven after his 2 goals and assist.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Who do you fancy for the cup this year? I'm not a huge Barca fan, they're a shadow of the team they were in their prime. I'd like the cup to go to either City or Bayern Munich personally.

Probably Real Madrid again. They always get a helping hand from the officials, and they have nothing to play for too. Also, rather annoyingly, they seem to always raise their game when it matters most and avoid drawing Barca.

Bayern and City are probably playing the best right now. The draw will be interesting.

I'd like to see:

Madrid vs Liverpool

City vs Juventus

Barca vs Roma

Bayern vs Sevilla

A final four of Bayern, Barca, City and one of Madrid/Liverpool. 

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Probably Real Madrid again. They always get a helping hand from the officials, and they have nothing to play for too. Also, rather annoyingly, they seem to always raise their game when it matters most and avoid drawing Barca.

Bayern and City are probably playing the best right now. The draw will be interesting.

I'd like to see:

Madrid vs Liverpool

City vs Juventus

Barca vs Roma

Bayern vs Sevilla

A final four of Bayern, Barca, City and one of Madrid/Liverpool. 

I'd like to see Madrid draw Barca for an El Classico in the Champions League. Liverpool to get Roma, City to get Sevilla and Bayern vs Juve, because I'd like to see the two English sides go far because I enjoy the football they play. Like you said though, I can never look past Madrid.

Results generally go our way.

boro draw at brentford

sheff utd draw v forest

bristol city win and make up ground  but still 1 point behind + played one more 

preston win to go level with bristol city

Could the Premier League gap between the top teams and the rest be any wider?

Liverpool just battered Watford with Salah scoring four goals. I get that he’s having a great season, but every week he and Kane seem to be banging them in against teams outside the top 6.

The top teams aren’t that good, therefore the rest of the league must be at such a poor standard.

Archived