Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2017 at 13:27, Jourdan said:

Chelsea with the performance of champions today against Spurs.

Crisis? What crisis?

The result after that performance was of champions. The actual performance itself was poor, and on another day Spurs would have won that by three of four as they were superior throughout.

On another note I can't believe how poor David Silva is at shooting. He could have easily had a hat-trick tonight.

I have to wonder what he does in training. Whether he just takes part in pass-and-move situations. No shooting practice. I'm trying tk work out whether it's a technique thing. Maybe he just can't strike the ball hard and accurate. He must drive Pep mad.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The result after that performance was of champions. The actual performance itself was poor, and on another day Spurs would have won that by three of four as they were superior throughout.

On another note I can't believe how poor David Silva is at shooting. He could have easily had a hat-trick tonight.

I have to wonder what he does in training. Whether he just takes part in pass-and-move situations. No shooting practice. I'm trying tk work out whether it's a technique thing. Maybe he just can't strike the ball hard and accurate. He must drive Pep mad.

Isn't Iniesta the same? Swear he can't even see the goal half the time. 

Guess it's just the way they're programmed. Maybe they don't feel confident in front of goal in the same way other players would never dream of passing in certain situations?

Dunno. Weird

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Isn't Iniesta the same? Swear he can't even see the goal half the time. 

Guess it's just the way they're programmed. Maybe they don't feel confident in front of goal in the same way other players would never dream of passing in certain situations?

Dunno. Weird

Yeah very similar to Iniesta. It's not for a lack of trying, they're both just crap at shooting and it's really weird considering how technically brilliant they are in other aspects of their game.

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

And on another day, Morata takes his two chances and Willian's shot sneaks inside the post. What's your point? Let's deal in actualities here.

How can you say Spurs were superior? If you are superior, you show it. You make the most of the possession. You take the chances. You force errors. You overwhelm the opposition. You break the opposition. You execute your gameplan better than the other team does. Besides the own goal, did Spurs do any of that?

If we are going to say anyone was superior, then Conte was once again tactically superior to Pochettino. Chelsea were disciplined, determined, well-drilled, well-organised and executed their particular gameplan perfectly. Having three defensive midfielders was the perfect way to stifle Eriksen and Alli. 

What I like about Conte's Chelsea is they find a way to win. They can play on the front foot and destroy teams - we've seen that! In full flow, with Hazard, Willian and Fabregas on song, they are brilliant to watch. But they also understand that there are many different ways to win a football match. They can also set up in a way to nullify the opposition, soak up pressure, be more defensive, but still win games.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Chelsea played sparkling football and blew Spurs away. But did you really expect them to? Only a fool would try to go toe-to-toe with Spurs. What impressed me was the ability to fight for a result like that under pressure. Everyone saying this is a team in crisis, the manager is on borrowed time, the dressing room is divided. What a response!

Let's be honest, from the top 6, only Chelsea are capable of 'doing a job' on teams like that. And that's why they will be champions for me.

I'm moving to Naples for work soon. So I'm hoping for an interesting draw for Napoli to liven up the autumn nights. Real Madrid, Dortmund and Celtic would be cool.

I used to watch the Champions League all the time on ITV when I was younger. It's a travesty that BT gobbled up all the rights.

I went to my first ever Champions League game three years ago - Zenit versus Monaco - and it was an absolute snoozer.

I'm hoping for better this autumn. :lol:

51 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I'm moving to Naples for work soon. So I'm hoping for an interesting draw for Napoli to liven up the autumn nights. Real Madrid, Dortmund and Celtic would be cool.

I used to watch the Champions League all the time on ITV when I was younger. It's a travesty that BT gobbled up all the rights.

I went to my first ever Champions League game three years ago - Zenit versus Monaco - and it was an absolute snoozer.

I'm hoping for better this autumn. :lol:

What do you do for work buddy?

They have potential to get a cracking draw. Wacky CL seedings makes it interesting.

Archived