Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't so many years ago that Rangers reached the Europa League final against Zenit.

Scottish football is done. Should just integrate into the English leagues. The UK isn't that big that it can't be done, especially when you get the likes of Las Palmas and Tenerife playing in Spain's top two leagues.

Even Italy is about as long as the UK.

There is no benefit for Scottish clubs to keep playing in their poxy leagues. 

Don't judge the Scottish leagues by tonight's result, pleasing as it was. 

Bar Celtic, it's competitive and the cups get shared around fairly regularly. Granted, in European terms we are towards the bottom of the ladder, but Celtic drew with the English champions twice last year. 

There's a lot of hard work done at grass root levels that are beginning to show some success, however too many are lured by the money in English championship and league 1, and get lost in their careers.

Didn't the money bags West Ham get knocked out by some Romanian mob a few years ago and Southampton by a Danish minnow. Spurs v Ghent? 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like this International Cup is a trial for a European Super League. Loads of top teams against each other. Currently watching City beat Real Madrid 4-0. City could have had about 8 or 9.

if I was a Madrid fan i'd be abit concerned about their squad depth. They've allowed James, Pepe, Danilo and Morata to leave, with Zidane placing a lot of faith in their youngsters who don't seem anywhere near good enough.

Madrid IMO had the best squad in the world, but with Ronaldo, Ramos and Modric in their 30s, I'm surprised they've cut their squad down so much as their current back-up doesn't look great.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just watched the El Clasico "friendly".

Very open and exciting game with Barca winning 3-2.

Was an excellent game. Both teams at times weren't interested in defending. Barca missed a hatful and on another day could have had seven or eight, while Madrid were guilty of failing to convert too.

Bale just looks grumpy and out of sorts at Madrid. He had a great first season, and since then he's looked nowhere near what he's capable of. With Isco playing so well at the tip of a diamond behind a front two of Benzema/Ronaldo, Bale doesn't even make their best XI anymore so I'm surprised he hasn't been more linked with a return to the PL.

He'd fit in well in Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation on the right hand side and tucking in on that left foot, with Hazard on the left side and Costa or Morata through the middle. Can't see him at City, so maybe United are his only other option.

Another thing about Bale is it seems he doesn't really have any friends there. I guess the language barrier doesn't help, having heard him speak he's nowhere near fluent enough to be in on the jokes within the squad.

He just looks and plays like a loner there. He's probably only staying as a matter of pride, he doesn't come across as one to get fussy over wages but he may feel he will seen as having failed in Madrid if he returns to the PL.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Was an excellent game. Both teams at times weren't interested in defending. Barca missed a hatful and on another day could have had seven or eight, while Madrid were guilty of failing to convert too.

Bale just looks grumpy and out of sorts at Madrid. He had a great first season, and since then he's looked nowhere near what he's capable of. With Isco playing so well at the tip of a diamond behind a front two of Benzema/Ronaldo, Bale doesn't even make their best XI anymore so I'm surprised he hasn't been more linked with a return to the PL.

He'd fit in well in Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation on the right hand side and tucking in on that left foot, with Hazard on the left side and Costa or Morata through the middle. Can't see him at City, so maybe United are his only other option.

Another thing about Bale is it seems he doesn't really have any friends there. I guess the language barrier doesn't help, having heard him speak he's nowhere near fluent enough to be in on the jokes within the squad.

He just looks and plays like a loner there. He's probably only staying as a matter of pride, he doesn't come across as one to get fussy over wages but he may feel he will seen as having failed in Madrid if he returns to the PL.

Agreed. He's probably hoping the Mbappe deal doesn't happen too.

Archived