Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

Justice done. Cheats foiled.

Get a grip mate. It's a penalty everyday of the week. How exactly did they ''cheat'' Alli didn't dive. There was clear contact, enough to take him down in the box, and the ref has given it. You clearly just don't like Tottenham, but you're talking ****.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Looked like a penalty to me

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Get a grip mate. It's a penalty everyday of the week. How exactly did they ''cheat'' Alli didn't dive. There was clear contact, enough to take him down in the box, and the ref has given it. You clearly just don't like Tottenham, but you're talking ****.

Agree, there was contact and probably a penalty, I know where @RamNut is coming from though, Alli did 'make the most of it' a bit like Jerome did, just in this case the Ref gave it. Yeah I think the correct decision but with Alli's theatrics helping him make his mind up.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Agree, there was contact and probably a penalty, I know where @RamNut is coming from though, Alli did 'make the most of it' a bit like Jerome did, just in this case the Ref gave it. Yeah I think the correct decision but with Alli's theatrics helping him make his mind up.

There is differences between making the most out of it and cheating like RamNut is insinuating. Alli went down under contact, therefore he didn't cheat. If that happened to a Derby player, we'd be screaming for a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Football is a contact sport, just because the defenders leg brushes Alli's thigh doesn't mean he should fall over.

Playing football and running at full speed means that contact like that can make you fall over. It's not like he was stood firmly, when you're off balanced a nudge can make you go down. It's undeniably a penalty.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'm definitely not a fan of Ali who has got himself a fully justified reputation for diving but not with this one. It was quite different to Jerome who's fall to ground was very much a secondary action (though it was a definite foul).

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

There is differences between making the most out of it and cheating like RamNut is insinuating. Alli went down under contact, therefore he didn't cheat. If that happened to a Derby player, we'd be screaming for a penalty. 

Yeah not disputing that. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Playing football and running at full speed means that contact like that can make you fall over. It's not like he was stood firmly, when you're off balanced a nudge can make you go down. It's undeniably a penalty.

Agree. I'm not a fan of Dele Ali but it was a definite penalty. This time he wasn't a cheat

Just now, Andicis said:

I'd argue if I was checked like that I would have at least stumbled, tried to stay up and then maybe gone down a few steps later. Alli instead decided he was going to get touched and made the instantaneous decision to let his legs go all floppy and collapse beneath him. He wasn't scythed down or running at sufficient speed for a small clip to warrant those theatrics.

Its only a penalty only in the last 10 or 15 years for me.

Just now, JoetheRam said:

Its only a penalty only in the last 10 or 15 years for me.

Yes, but if Football has been like that for 10-15 it implies it won't change back to how it was before. The days of people being allowed to do those kind of tackles are long gone, whether you want to moan about that or not is irrelevant. It today's game, a challenge like that is a penalty all day. 

Dear dear, Bristol C should have been heading for a routine win at a very lacklustre Leeds, but they’ve pulled it back to 2-2. 

I was thinking while I was feeding the hounds we shouldn’t have any bother on Wednesday night, Leeds were so poor. Now I haven’t seen the last 15/20 minutes of the game so can’t say if Leeds have improved or City have imploded. 

Full time Leeds 2 Bristol City 2.

I wouldn't ever give Dele Alli a penalty as you can never be sure he hasn't dived. He's brought it on himself and it's too big a risk of getting it wrong with a couple of minutes left in an FA Cup tie. Same for other divers.

Great to see Steve Davies still has his amazing finishing boots, despite carrying considerable extra poundage. He was an extremely talented player whose body didn't seem able to cope with playing professional football week in, week out. Exemplified in the post-match interview when he said he'd just come back from seven weeks out injured.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wouldn't ever give Dele Alli a penalty

Dangerous principle here. It's also completely silly. Because someone did something in the past, you automatically punish them forever in the future? Think we'd find the game much more bland if something like that happened. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Dangerous principle here. It's also completely silly. Because someone did something in the past, you automatically punish them forever in the future? Think we'd find the game much more bland if something like that happened. 

‘ahem’ Chris Martin vs Burnley ‘ahem’

Archived