View from the outside

Derbados

36 minutes ago, rynny said:

I know, I was with the rest of the South Stand screaming for the ref to just book him (maybe not those words ?

Every time the ball went out behind the goal, one of their defenders feigned to get the ball and then stopped left the ball and walked away. The keeper every single time of course waited in his 6 yard area for the ball to be passed to him by whichever defender was going to get the ball for him, which of course they never did.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

On A QPR Forum:"On Derby message boards they said we were quite good. Besides we didn`t have a settled defence at all. I am proud"

OK who said QPR were good? Hand in your season ticket immediately!

They didn't give us much time on the ball, they looked fairly sharp on the counter and they defended reasonably well. I think people are being blinded by the time wasting issue.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

They didn't give us much time on the ball, they looked fairly sharp on the counter and they defended reasonably well. I think people are being blinded by the time wasting issue.

We were poor and they were worse!

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

If they had any sort of ambition they could have nearly ended our season.  Not often you get what you deserve but they certainly did.  For me the moment when Eustace shouted at Smith to stay down and bring the medics on summed them up.  It was a wonder he didn't hobble over to the far corner then collapse really.

it was old fashioned reffing.  I've told you once, I've told you twice and now you're going to get it

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

On A QPR Forum:"On Derby message boards they said we were quite good. Besides we didn`t have a settled defence at all. I am proud"

OK who said QPR were good? Hand in your season ticket immediately!

I said they were as organised as any team we've faced this season, although I also said in the same breathe they lacked quality. I certainly can't remember any team winning as many second balls as them, they were excellent in that regard certainly in the first half. They just didn't have the quality to make use of it, plus we defended reasonably well.

QPR, on both occasions this season, haven't been bad. You can see why they are lower mid-table, but you can also see why they flew up the table October/November time after a slow start. 

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

If they had any sort of ambition they could have nearly ended our season.  Not often you get what you deserve but they certainly did.  For me the moment when Eustace shouted at Smith to stay down and bring the medics on summed them up.  It was a wonder he didn't hobble over to the far corner then collapse really.

it was old fashioned reffing.  I've told you once, I've told you twice and now you're going to get it

What was their plan? What’s the point in trying to hold on for a draw from minute 1. They’ve got nothing left to play for this season, might as well go for it and get as many points on the board as possible. Or, just coast through to your holidays. But all time wasting does is play out for the draw. And that doesn’t benefit anyone. The only thing it does is damage out play off push. 

Makes me think they were doing it to be spiteful. There aim was to disrupt our play off push with a draw and nothing more. 

I ducking hate QPR. 

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

What was their plan? What’s the point in trying to hold on for a draw from minute 1. They’ve got nothing left to play for this season, might as well go for it and get as many points on the board as possible. Or, just coast through to your holidays. But all time wasting does is play out for the draw. And that doesn’t benefit anyone. The only thing it does is damage out play off push. 

Makes me think they were doing it to be spiteful. There aim was to disrupt our play off push with a draw and nothing more. 

I ducking hate QPR. 

You're probably right. Which points to us being roundly hated as a club if other teams are using deliberate spoiling tactics to derail our playoff push.

Or John Eustace is still seriously racked off about something years after he left the club.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I ducking hate QPR. 

Up until Monday there was still a chance they could be relegated so there still was something to play for. Probably thought their tactics may help them achieve a valuable away point. This is probably the more likely scenario. Imo.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

They’ve got nothing left to play for this season

Going into the game they needed a point to guarantee Championship survival. Their time wasting was still beyond silly but it was not a dead rubber for them.

15 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Up until Monday there was still a chance they could be relegated so there still was something to play for. Probably thought their tactics may help them achieve a valuable away point. This is probably the more likely scenario. Imo.

Sorry BBB, you made the same point - just a little quicker than I was able.

Archived