View from the outside

Derbados

On current form, the opinion that Grabban is the best striker on either team is absolutely accurate.

Will he be the best striker on the pitch during the game? Who knows. But I don't think its fair to accuse them of underestimating Jack when Grabban has so far this season been superior to any attacking player on our team in every metric.

Describing our defense as weak is underestimating us though. That's placing too much value on the Clean Sheets stat column.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

On current form, the opinion that Grabban is the best striker on either team is absolutely accurate.

Will he be the best striker on the pitch during the game? Who knows. But I don't think its fair to accuse them of underestimating Jack when Grabban has so far this season been superior to any attacking player on our team in every metric.

Describing our defense as weak is underestimating us though. That's placing too much value on the Clean Sheets stat column.

If our defence is week, I lose this question. When was the last time we let in 5 in a game?

On 14/12/2018 at 15:09, TigerTedd said:

If our defence is week, I lose this question. When was the last time we let in 5 in a game?

Why do fans say our defence is not good, only M'boro 16 goals, Leeds 18, Forest 22 have conceded less than our 24 goals so far this season. I just wish our shots on goal and dominance of play would reap more goals. Surely we are over due giving some team a good thrashing.

17 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Why do fans say our defence is not good, only M'boro 16 goals, Leeds 18, Forest 22 have conceded less than our 24 goals so far this season. I just wish our shots on goal and dominance of play would reap more goals. Surely we are over due giving some team a good thrashing.

Nail on head ?. I’ve been musing this one for a while whilst looking at our lack lustre goal difference. In fact on goals conceded we aren’t that bad as you say, and take two bad games out and we are sound as a pound. What is happening at the other end is a bit disappointing.

we are doing all the right things .. chances, shots, shots on target .. i’m Willing to bet we are top 2 .. but the conversion rate isn’t there ... good saves ? Bad luck ? Something else ? ... this, being a nailed on happy clapper, makes me think that sooner or later it’s going to be our day and someone’s going to get hammered. I hope it’s tomorrow but I respect Krakjar.. he is canny so we’ll have to be on our game 

Full of nervous excitement COYR

On 15/12/2018 at 23:53, plymouthram said:

Seven of the 24 goals were conceded in 2 games. Four against Leeds very early in the season and 3 late on in a game against Villa.

On 12/12/2018 at 08:26, Paese said:

To be fair, Grabban is on good form at the minute and will be a huge threat. But, I think you'll find the best striker on the pitch will be Waghorn (if playing). Just kidding, can't wait for Grabban to barely touch the ball and Marriott to smash a hattrick...

Agree Grabban is on fire wasn’t saying otherwise, but doesn’t mean he will be on the night. A certain mr Marriott would be closer to him had he started the season.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what norwhich city fans thinking now

I wander how boro fans feeling about tomorrow.

Not many posts, but the match thread on this Middlesbrough Forum is pretty amusing.

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9137

This is my favourite quote:

Hopefully Tony can give Frank an education about what fans really want - five at the back and four central midfielders. PROPAH football - none of this 4-3 crap. 

(Referring to our win at Norwich on Saturday.)

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not many posts, but the match thread on this Middlesbrough Forum is pretty amusing.

Hopefully Tony can give Frank an education about what fans really want - five at the back and four central midfielders. PROPAH football - none of this 4-3 crap. 

Love the line “In other tragic news I have found my season ticket”. ?

They will play 4-4-2 no way will they play 5 at the back, Pulis had to change it last time so will not make that mistake. I expect them to be tight at the back and pump balls into the box. 

We need an early goal to make them change their formation. Interesting that FFP is starting to bite up there, Pulis needs to balance their books and their local rag is saying players didn’t want to live there. Having been in the Army up in those parts it seemed ok to me.

anyway......lets win and put a marker down....i don’t underestimate them but we can win this COYRs 

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

They will play 4-4-2 no way will they play 5 at the back, Pulis had to change it last time so will not make that mistake. I expect them to be tight at the back and pump balls into the box. 

We need an early goal to make them change their formation. Interesting that FFP is starting to bite up there, Pulis needs to balance their books and their local rag is saying players didn’t want to live there. Having been in the Army up in those parts it seemed ok to me.

anyway......lets win and put a marker down....i don’t underestimate them but we can win this COYRs 

Probably because army barracks are an upgrade on the local area. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

There are some pretty funny comments, you could replace Pullis with Rowett in this one,

"I'd drive there and back but I've tried watching Pulis ball sober and I remember too much for my liking"

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Blimey not much positivity on there. I hope this negativity filters down to the team. Gonna be a tough test for us. Pulis is a wiley old fox and fair play to him he saw us over running them at their place and knew what to do to change that. He did however come across a bit of a bad loser when we beat his West Brom team in the cup. Hoping that come 5 o'clock he has that same bitter taste in his mouth.

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Looks like a 4-5-1 according to the SSN app.

Archived