View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

But if you were a ref youd have to be pretty confident youre right to make that decision. Imagine sending someone off because they got up too fast. 

You think he dived because he's got previous? Maybe he has. But that reminds me of all the talk when Chris Martin getting sent off against Bunley.

No you can't guarantee that. I wouldn't think it's right for a Wigan player to be sent off for that either. 

No I think he dived because there didn't appear to be any contact and he didn't go down like it was a slip.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wilson should have been sent off. Whether the first yellow was justified or not I can't comment but having been booked a second yellow should have followed for diving. Had a Wigan player done that in our area we would be going mad.

Thought the ref was ok on the whole but missed Vaughan booting Carson in the head and pulled play up a couple of times where advantage could have been played.

Only based on rd commentary, but straight away they said it looked like he slipped, jumped straight back up, and wanted to get on with the game. Wigan were disgracefully trying to get him sent off. 

But the most disgraceful was the ‘headbutt’. Wilson was hailed down, no free kick but I hand ball against him. You say good ref, and most of the game he was, but that was a daft decision, watch the replay. I’d be mightily pissed off at that. 

Wilson squares up, but that alone isn’t enough for a yellow. The Wigan captain actually moves us head towards Wilson’s if you watch the replay, then clutches his head, and chases the red around looking for a red. 

Absolutely ducking disgraceful behaviour. I had no particular thoughts one way or another about Wigan before this game. But based on that, they’re quickly being promoted up my list of teams I’d be quite happy to see blink of existence (with forest and qpr). 

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

It was a sending off he had his hand on Wilson, if you man handle someone it’s a foul if you are the last man and the player is through on goal it’s a red.  If it was at the other end I would expect our player to get a red 

The red was stone wall. How anyone can defend it is ridiculous. They’re was a red in the boro game for last man, that was a lot more contentious, but still a red. This one was as easy a decision as the red will ever make. 

Stupid wigan fans. 

I'm with @G STAR RAM.

I think he expected the Wigan defender to step across more and Wilson let his legs go. But he hid it well enough to make it impossible for the ref to punish.

He dives a lot. I'm not overly bothered because I'm not overly bothered when it happens to us. It's feigning injury and time wasting I hate. 

But yeah, he's a little cheat. 

The red was a red and that Morsy is a dick head. Holding his head!? Ha! 

Not bothered what Wigan fans thought tbh. They started badly and played better with 10. They were lucky not to be more goals behind in the first half and even though we gifted them the ball in some good areas they barely created owt. Deserved to lose. 

I do like Wilson btw. Good player and seems a sound lad. He dives though. He does.

56 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm with @G STAR RAM.

I think he expected the Wigan defender to step across more and Wilson let his legs go. But he hid it well enough to make it impossible for the ref to punish.

He dives a lot. I'm not overly bothered because I'm not overly bothered when it happens to us. It's feigning injury and time wasting I hate. 

But yeah, he's a little cheat. 

The red was a red and that Morsy is a dick head. Holding his head!? Ha! 

Not bothered what Wigan fans thought tbh. They started badly and played better with 10. They were lucky not to be more goals behind in the first half and even though we gifted them the ball in some good areas they barely created owt. Deserved to lose. 

I do like Wilson btw. Good player and seems a sound lad. He dives though. He does.

I agree, it happened right in front of me and he's dangled his left leg looking for contact with the defender, stubbed it into the ground and went down. But, he's immediately realised that there was no contact and has bounced back up and chased the ball, to save himself. 

To dive and appeal is asking for a card, diving and hoping the ref gives you the decision more often that not goes without punishment. 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes that much is true.

Not seen it back but for me his reaction  of jumping straight back up was because he knew he was off if it was deemed a dive.

He kicked the floor and tripped himself up, probably to do with the wet pitch. He definitely 100% didn't appeal for it and tried to retrieve the ball before it went out of play. 

I hate diving...but this time I think he 's getting a raw deal. I was fairly in line with it. 

He was almost getting past his man but didnt quite have the space/momentum/pace to break clear. Defender turned and stepped a bit across him and blocked his path and they came together. Wilson felt the slight contact and in the wet knew he wasnt getting to the ball and kinda let the contact happen and sank to the ground.

Realising it looked like a dive he sprang back up and chased the ball.

Not a blatant dive, and close to being a penalty. In the end, ref was right...nothing doing, play on.

Was a straight red. Daft...but it 100% was. Ref was occasionally a little fussy and whistle happy but generally had a good game.

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He kicked the floor and tripped himself up, probably to do with the wet pitch. He definitely 100% didn't appeal for it and tried to retrieve the ball before it went out of play. 

Oh please. Of all the places to accidentally kick the floor, and of all the players to do it, it's the one that's getting a habit of diving.

He cheated, really is as simple as that.

As I said, was clever enough not to make a meal of it and got back to his feet without appealing. 

I don't accept it from our opponents and I won't accept it from our own players. 

If we are going to condemn Morsy for trying to con the ref into sending Wilson off, then we should be condemning Wilson for trying to con the ref into awarding us a penalty.

Part of the game these days, I know, but I don't like it.

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

What about the kick in Carsons face in the first minute. Carson clearly first to the ball yet the player left his foot in to hit Carsons face. From behind the goal it looked like he meant to leave his foot in. The ref blew but didn’t take any action.

It was Vaughan and I agree he left his foot in on purpose.

The ref only blew after Carson had the ball taken off him and put in the back of the net!

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh please. Of all the places to accidentally kick the floor, and of all the players to do it, it's the one that's getting a habit of diving.

He cheated, really is as simple as that.

As I said, was clever enough not to make a meal of it and got back to his feet without appealing. 

I don't accept it from our opponents and I won't accept it from our own players. 

If we are going to condemn Morsy for trying to con the ref into sending Wilson off, then we should be condemning Wilson for trying to con the ref into awarding us a penalty.

Part of the game these days, I know, but I don't like it.

But he didn’t appeal, and didn’t even stay down. You’re original argument was that he should have been carded for that. That would seem to be massively unfair if you don’t even appeal for the penalty, especially if it’s going to result in a sending off. 

It would take a ducking horrible ref to send someone off for that. 

I’m against diving, but if he gets straight up and doesn’t make a meal of it, what more can you ask for. 

At worst (and I’ve not seen it, so I don’t know), he expected more contact, and was ready to go down. I don’t even consider that diving. It’s drawing a foul and make sure the ref sees it. Stay on your feet when there’s contact, you don’t get a penalty, go down and you do. If you know the balls getting away from you anyway, you go down. He quickly realised there’s not as much contact as he was expecting, he’s not going to get a penalty for it, so he leaps back up. How can you book someone for that?

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But he didn’t appeal, and didn’t even stay down. You’re original argument was that he should have been carded for that. That would seem to be massively unfair if you don’t even appeal for the penalty, especially if it’s going to result in a sending off. 

It would take a ducking horrible ref to send someone off for that. 

I’m against diving, but if he gets straight up and doesn’t make a meal of it, what more can you ask for. 

At worst (and I’ve not seen it, so I don’t know), he expected more contact, and was ready to go down. I don’t even consider that diving. It’s drawing a foul and make sure the ref sees it. Stay on your feet when there’s contact, you don’t get a penalty, go down and you do. If you know the balls getting away from you anyway, you go down. He quickly realised there’s not as much contact as he was expecting, he’s not going to get a penalty for it, so he leaps back up. How can you book someone for that?

Already explained why I think he didn't stay down and appeal.

If he's gone down expecting contact that didn't happen then it's a dive.

Why are we concerned about what Wigan fans think? - folk up there know far more about Rugby League than I do, but football? they know jack all....it's always been a rugby town and that's all it will ever be - and if it hadn't been for Dave 'I broke my leg in the Cup Final' Whelan and his millions, the club would have probably dropped out of the football league years ago....

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Why are we concerned about what Wigan fans think? - folk up there know far more about Rugby League than I do, but football? they know jack all....it's always been a rugby town and that's all it will ever be - and if it hadn't been for Dave 'I broke my leg in the Cup Final' Whelan and his millions, the club would have probably dropped out of the football league years ago....

Surely the ones that follow their team are proper fans then if they go to the football when they live in a rugby town? 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely the ones that follow their team are proper fans then if they go to the football when they live in a rugby town? 

Mate, it was a light hearted comment - perhaps take a read through some of your recent posts and then take a break from the site for a couple of hours - your determination to argue with everybody can't be healthy and really isn't necessary.....as for me, I'm off for a bit - I might be back in the new year if the amount of anymosity between folk dies down a bit - the constant bickering on here is too depressing when we're sitting 4th in the league.....

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Mate, it was a light hearted comment - perhaps take a read through some of your recent posts and then take a break from the site for a couple of hours - your determination to argue with everybody can't be healthy and really isn't necessary.....as for me, I'm off for a bit - I might be back in the new year if the amount of anymosity between folk dies down a bit - the constant bickering on here is too depressing when we're sitting 4th in the league.....

Sorry, posts aren't always easy to interpret on the Internet and I thought you was taking an unnecessary pop at fans just for supporting their team. 

Apologies and I think you're right about taking a break for a while.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year all.

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Spot on , it’s Christmas time can we all remember that we are supposed to snog the neighbours wife not the holly. 

Keep calm and carry on 

Archived