View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read Molineux Mix Derby thread, and two things spring to mind:

1, The Wolves fans on there (with one or two exceptions) seem to be a decent level-headed bunch.

2, The running text commentary from those watching DCFC TV was far more interesting and informative than anything I've heard on Radio Derby for years.

• 4 months later...

Wigan

They to think the Frank Lampard media love-in favours us and resulted in yesterday’s red being biased in our favour. Supposedly the ref is “best buddies with Fwank”.

A few seem to think their player shouldn’t have been sent off, with almost all of them thinking Wilson should have been sent off for the headbutt, and definitely a second yellow for a “blatant dive”. Lawrence apparently dived when fouled in the box. 

They also thought Bryson and Huddlestone joined in with the play acting. 

And I thought the ref did reasonably well yesterday - one of the best we’ve had this season. Too lenient at times and missed a few small fouls but decent overall. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few seem to think their player shouldn’t have been sent off, with almost all of them thinking Wilson should have been sent off for the headbutt

Any opticians around, pop up to Wigan they are in serious need for a set of bifocals.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan

They to think the Frank Lampard media love-in favours us and resulted in yesterday’s red being biased in our favour. Supposedly the ref is “best buddies with Fwank”.

A few seem to think their player shouldn’t have been sent off, with almost all of them thinking Wilson should have been sent off for the headbutt, and definitely a second yellow for a “blatant dive”. Lawrence apparently dived when fouled in the box. 

And I thought the ref did reasonably well yesterday - one of the best we’ve had this season. Too lenient at times and missed a few small fouls but decent overall. 

Well then I have no idea what they were watching in the home end, there was no headbutt or dive. I don't think the ref got any big decisions wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan

That was definitely a penalty, although the general logic of a football supporter is everyone is against us. I also like the thought of Huddlestone & Bryson 'play acting'. 

The red card was a stone wall, last man & outside the box so double jeopardy can't come into play. You would have to be less than an idiot to come to any other conclusion. I do get some enjoyment out of rattled opposition supporters talking balls though, so I do hope they keep it up - especially next week!

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Well then I have no idea what they were watching in the home end, there was no headbutt or dive. I don't think the ref got any big decisions wrong.

Wilson should have been sent off. Whether the first yellow was justified or not I can't comment but having been booked a second yellow should have followed for diving. Had a Wigan player done that in our area we would be going mad.

Thought the ref was ok on the whole but missed Vaughan booting Carson in the head and pulled play up a couple of times where advantage could have been played.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wilson should have been sent off. Whether the first yellow was justified or not I can't comment but having been booked a second yellow should have followed for diving. Had a Wigan player done that in our area we would be going mad.

Thought the ref was ok on the whole but missed Vaughan booting Carson in the head and pulled play up a couple of times where advantage could have been played.

It wasn't a dive. First yellow was fair enough, Wilson reacted so he was always going to get one, but there was absolutely no chance it was a dive.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, but there is the possibility of it being neither a penalty nor a dive. I thought the ref was spot on.

I said after the Stoke match that Wilson dives a lot, from my view yesterday that was another one yesterday. No contact and he went to ground.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I said after the Stoke match that Wilson dives a lot, from my view yesterday that was another one yesterday. No contact and he went to ground.

I can see why you might think it was a dive, but I thought it looked like he slipped, and he wasn't really appealing for it. Wigan players were just looking to get him into trouble ever since he reacted in the first half.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I can see why you might think it was a dive, but I thought it looked like he slipped, and he wasn't really appealing for it. Wigan players were just looking to get him into trouble ever since he reacted in the first half.

Yes that much is true.

Not seen it back but for me his reaction  of jumping straight back up was because he knew he was off if it was deemed a dive.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes that much is true.

Not seen it back but for me his reaction  of jumping straight back up was because he knew he was off if it was deemed a dive.

So you think he should have been sent off because he might have been looking for a penalty then thought better of it within a second or so, possibly maybe? The fact he made no appeal, got on with the game and the surface was drenched doesn't give you any element of doubt? He should have been off because you've got suspicions?

7 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

So you think he should have been sent off because he might have been looking for a penalty then thought better of it within a second or so, possibly maybe? The fact he made no appeal, got on with the game and the surface was drenched doesn't give you any element of doubt? He should have been off because you've got suspicions?

If he dived I think he should have been sent off. I think he dived. Not saying I'm right. Raised my concern that he is trying to con refs after the Stoke match so don't think it's an isolated incident. If you slip and are not expecting it I think it would take longer to get up. Just my view and not saying I'm definitely right. Can guarantee if it had been a Wigan player we would not be having this discussion.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

If he dived I think he should have been sent off. I think he dived. Not saying I'm right. Raised my concern that he is trying to con refs after the Stoke match so don't think it's an isolated incident. If you slip and are not expecting it I think it would take longer to get up. Just my view and not saying I'm definitely right. Can guarantee if it had been a Wigan player we would not be having this discussion.

But if you were a ref youd have to be pretty confident youre right to make that decision. Imagine sending someone off because they got up too fast. 

You think he dived because he's got previous? Maybe he has. But that reminds me of all the talk when Chris Martin getting sent off against Bunley.

No you can't guarantee that. I wouldn't think it's right for a Wigan player to be sent off for that either. 

Archived