View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean Ashton was on talksport yesterday talking about the promotion race. 

He quoted Villa, Cardiff and Fulham as the 3 teams chasing 2nd. 

When asked about Derby, he said the team had too many +30 year old journeyman and we wouldnt keep pace. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

When asked about Derby, he said the team had too many +30 year old journeyman and we wouldnt keep pace. 

**** him. 

43 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Hard to argue with him

45 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

He’s right though 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s right though 

Wouldn’t describe them as journeymen, think that’s a little unfair. Wouldn’t argue with his lack of stamina comment , especially with Jerome and Nugent, although our main culprits for not lasting the season are the younger lads coming back from long lay offs. I don’t see Hudds or Ledley or Davis fading though 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

He doesn't know what fitness is at 26, nevermind 32.

57 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Wouldn’t describe them as journeymen, think that’s a little unfair. Wouldn’t argue with his lack of stamina comment , especially with Jerome and Nugent, although our main culprits for not lasting the season are the younger lads coming back from long lay offs. I don’t see Hudds or Ledley or Davis fading though 

If they moved any slower they'd stop altogether. 

Yes, they shouldn't run out of puff :lol:

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Strange, I would argue many would say that we've got the experience to see it through. Young players tend to be the ones who are inconsistent. Huddlestone, I imagine, will be playing the same game now as he did last year & will next year. 

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Funny how last year and previous years we talked about lack of experience and not enough "Eustace-types" and now we're saying we've got too much experience. Jesus... 

Spot on, there are fans of this club (and probably every club in the country at all levels) who will never be happy, always have something to moan about and the rest of us would probably be a lot happier if they all cleared off and did something else on a Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Spot on, there are fans of this club (and probably every club in the country at all levels) who will never be happy, always have something to moan about and the rest of us would probably be a lot happier if they all cleared off and did something else on a Saturday afternoon.

Your probably right but most of the time with those types you tend to just listen and laugh inwardly ,it’s just every now and then they get right on your tits and you wonder why they bother and wish they would fxxk off 

On 2/6/2018 at 13:30, TigerTedd said:

I bet they (Wolves) end up being the promoted team that struggles next season though. 

I can see Wolves being a bit like Watford (exciting and unpredictable but very inconsistent). The top players will always be in the shop window (Richarlison) and little chance for team spirit to develop. Probably 12th-15th finish.

Fulham could also do OK next year in the PL with 2/3 strong additions - not so sure about Cardiff, Villa or the Rams. I don't think Villa are that much stronger than they were when relegated last time.

On 2/21/2018 at 07:17, Tombo said:

Funny how last year and previous years we talked about lack of experience and not enough "Eustace-types" and now we're saying we've got too much experience. Jesus... 

Had enough experience in the squad for years, it’s a sidetrack argument like the ‘is it entertaining though’ debate.

What dcfc has needed is direction and identity on the pitch. If you have those, my opinion is whether you have experience or not, you’ll be better than a team with no identity regardless of how experienced or inexperienced they are.

Rowett’s brought us direction and identity, which is 90% of the battle.

Having balance is what’s next, balance of player types and styles, people who can perform specific roles in a team and players that compliment each other. That’s what we don’t completely have which is what the experience argument really is.

You can’t deny we could do with an energetic young midfielder as an alternative to Ledley/Thorne and a younger striker to partner Vydra.

You can be a decent manager but you need to have that certain something to get a team over the line and that is a rare commodity .

Villa and Cardiff both have managers with this skill, Bruce promoted 4 times Warnock 8 so a lot of it comes down to management as well as playing staff .

I still fancy Cardiff top ,Villa second .

Archived