View from the outside

Derbados

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Despite their relative struggles this season, I would take becoming the next Southampton any day. High quality Premier League football with some amazing players coming through. 

At least they make good profits on their transfers. Southampton would have let go of Hughes at the right time and got £20 million for him with sell on clauses.

They bought Van Dyke for about £14 million and sold him for £70+ million. We bought Jacob Butterfield for £5.5 million and will now have to let him go for nothing just to get him off the books, in all likelihood. 

We are learning and getting better with the addition of Rowett. Our transfer dealings this season have been light years ahead of the last few years - much more mature. We are no longer just throwing money at problems. 

I thought Mac 1 would have gone on to be the next Southampton to be honest.

High-standard, technical, attacking football. Wisdom 21, Fozzy 25, Thorne 21, Hughes 19, Hendrick 22, Martin 25, Russell 24, Dawkins 26, Keogh 27. 

What could have been…

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Despite their relative struggles this season, I would take becoming the next Southampton any day. High quality Premier League football with some amazing players coming through. 

At least they make good profits on their transfers. Southampton would have let go of Hughes at the right time and got £20 million for him with sell on clauses.

They bought Van Dyke for about £14 million and sold him for £70+ million. We bought Jacob Butterfield for £5.5 million and will now have to let him go for nothing just to get him off the books, in all likelihood. 

We are learning and getting better with the addition of Rowett. Our transfer dealings this season have been light years ahead of the last few years - much more mature. We are no longer just throwing money at problems. 

Indeed & that's what we were trying to emulate with the whole "Derby Way" thing. I remember Mel saying it was a model he wanted to follow.

6 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Unfortunately, there is no chance of catching the Wolves they have well and truly bolted through this division.

I still think we should be looking to catch them. If we make a dent in the points difference between us, a happy byproduct will almost certainly be that we leave others behind.

Reach for the stars...

TobyWanKenobi

We should really be going for winning all our games - we're certainly capable of it. Catching Wolves will either happen or it wont, them dropping point is out of our hands for all but 3 of them!

Yep forget those below us , I hope Gary is telling them to go out and catch wolves ,either that or be as close to catching them as we possibly can be,, if we had anywhere near a decent start to the season we would be in shooting distance of them and a bit clearer of third but once we got into our stride we have shown ourselves to be there or there about with wolves ,lets get more points than them between now and the end of the season

1 minute ago, archied said:

Yep forget those below us , I hope Gary is telling them to go out and catch wolves ,either that or be as close to catching them as we possibly can be,, if we had anywhere near a decent start to the season we would be in shooting distance of them and a bit clearer of third but once we got into our stride we have shown ourselves to be there or there about with wolves ,lets get more points than them between now and the end of the season

They were miles better than us when we played them but had we won the point difference would be 5, if we carry on as we have been we should be okay. It would be nice to pull away from third a little but what will be will be.

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

They were miles better than us when we played them but had we won the point difference would be 5, if we carry on as we have been we should be okay. It would be nice to pull away from third a little but what will be will be.

Yep went to the wolves game and we were very poor whilst they hit the ground running , we have evolved into a very different kettle of fish since early season , we may not catch them but we really are decent enough to keep them honest 

4 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep went to the wolves game and we were very poor whilst they hit the ground running , we have evolved into a very different kettle of fish since early season , we may not catch them but we really are decent enough to keep them honest 

I'd settle for 5 points off top and 5 points clear from third, nice gap to top to keep us pushing and a bit of a gap from the Play Offs, ideally I would like 13 point gap with 4 games to go so we can enjoy the run in but cant see it.

1 hour ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

We should really be going for winning all our games - we're certainly capable of it. Catching Wolves will either happen or it wont, them dropping point is out of our hands for all but 3 of them!

I'm sure Gary's aim every game is try and win it. 

11 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I still think we should be looking to catch them. If we make a dent in the points difference between us, a happy byproduct will almost certainly be that we leave others behind.

Reach for the stars...

Excactly, beats people getting a rage over what X or Y behind are doing, keep winning and that is irrelevant.

Villa forum

There is absolutely no way a Sheffield Wednesday team that conceded three goals at home to that shower of **** we beat today are going to beat derby. Have to face that's a easy three points for derby

Derby are likely to go back to 2nd as they have a game in midweek. However it will be interesting as they are now under pressure to chase us a position they have not been in.

Our jack is some player. And he’s only going to get better.

It's great Grealish has made himself undroppable and is showing such consistency in a nice role found for him by Bruce.

I concur......Grealish is the dogs do-dahs.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 15:50, cannable said:

I thought Mac 1 would have gone on to be the next Southampton to be honest.

High-standard, technical, attacking football. Wisdom 21, Fozzy 25, Thorne 21, Hughes 19, Hendrick 22, Martin 25, Russell 24, Dawkins 26, Keogh 27. 

What could have been…

They had their chance and failed.

Archived